What's new

GD Vertu

I’m curious - do you find the post-shave of the Mallard to be as good as B&M Omnibus?
Hard to say what's better. I never used an A/S with the mallards. Sometimes my face felt very dry after a shave but glassy smooth. Both are great. The one thing about omnibus I don't like- the soap residue is tough to rinse off whereas mallard is much easier to clean off. With omnibus, even after I rinse my brushes pretty well the next day I can see the soap residue on the hairs. I like them both and have no opinion on which is better.

I recieved Omnia yesterday and just shaved with it. I always seem to have a difficult time getting enough product on my brush with Mo's soaps. I spend a lot more time loading. Since this is supposed to be a super elite soap i spent a mere 15 seconds loading and got enough lather for a single pass. It was very similar to mallard- pretty light weight, soft, and low structure. The post shave was exceptional and definitely better than anything I've ever used. Certainly not a must have given there are other soaps that perform pretty much on par for significantly less quid. I dont know. Maybe I'm missing something. The scent was very nice. Reminds of Tabac sans the old lady purse stench. Nice soap, though. Likely won't buy more unless some scent really intrigues me.

I recieved Omnia yesterday and just shaved with it. I always seem to have a difficult time getting enough product on my brush with Mo's soaps. I spend a lot more time loading. Since this is supposed to be a super elite soap i spent a mere 15 seconds loading and got enough lather for a single pass. It was very similar to mallard- pretty light weight, soft, and low structure. The post shave was exceptional and definitely better than anything I've ever used. Certainly not a must have given there are other soaps that perform pretty much on par for significantly less quid. I dont know. Maybe I'm missing something. The scent was very nice. Reminds of Tabac sans the old lady purse stench. Nice soap, though. Likely won't buy more unless some scent really intrigues me.
I am loving MO’s soaps, it may not have sounded like it from the description but the Ousia scent, for me, is incredible. This soap with the Lamb Tallow & Emu Oil, not only gives me great performance while shaving but my skin is still hydrated and soft 24 hrs later, after my first shave with the Ousia I instantly ordered 2 more jars it is the first soap I have ever done that with. It & the Omnia have been sold out now for 3 days, very glad I have 3 jars of it.

I do have 1 jar of the Pasion and the Omnia and really enjoy them both.

Doug

I like it alot. I'm actually finding myself preferring the much lighter softer GD lather over the Elmer's glue unctuous consistency of some other high end soaps like omnibus. His scents are pretty nice and not over powering and pretentious. It's good stuff. I like the mallard base but not exactly wowed by Kairos SE considering the cost. I didn't like the scent description of Ousia but it seems to be pretty popular and possibly preferred. I was initially worried about buying GD soaps as I heard the scents tended to be iffy but I'm really liking everything I've bought so far. With GD soaps I spend more time loading because its difficult to get enough product on my brushes so it seems to work extremely well with the larger sized badgers like 26 mm and bigger.

I like it alot. I'm actually finding myself preferring the much lighter softer GD lather over the Elmer's glue unctuous consistency of some other high end soaps like omnibus. His scents are pretty nice and not over powering and pretentious. It's good stuff. I like the mallard base but not exactly wowed by Kairos SE considering the cost. I didn't like the scent description of Ousia but it seems to be pretty popular and possibly preferred. I was initially worried about buying GD soaps as I heard the scents tended to be iffy but I'm really liking everything I've bought so far. With GD soaps I spend more time loading because its difficult to get enough product on my brushes so it seems to work extremely well with the larger sized badgers like 26 mm and bigger.
Yes I have found that to be true that 26mm and up load better than a 24mm knot.

Have you compared Kairos SE to Kairos? I'll finally get a Kairos-Laundry soap once the EU vendors get them.

Is this separation and layering normal?
1B950377-1A47-493C-8058-67EA766234A8.jpeg
2CE1CAF9-1FFB-49DF-A1C5-C3AE697FAD40.jpeg

A quick follow up, I reached out to Mo last night. He responded in less than 5 minutes and offered to replace the tub with one from another batch. He noted “Your jar is from a different batch where some of the Stearic Acid crystallized due to rapid temperature changes when I made the soap (the soap was hot, but the room was cold).” The new tub is already on the way. Amazing customer service from one of my favorite soap makers!

Top Bottom