What's new

GD PIF

I’ll throw my name in the hat - May or may not mod at all beyond just making a shaving edge, I have several honing experiments is like to try.

Alright, the drawing is complete. Using random.org and of twelve entries the top three are
  1. @Clay S
  2. @dankeeler128
  3. @mawashi
Please PM your mailing address for one of three GD razors. Thank you all for being interested in my first PIF.

Aww Dang it. Lol. Congrats to the Winners. Was a Great PIF. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all of the addresses, they will all be dropped into the mail today and I will provide tracking numbers to each winner. Hopefully I don't get them mixed up. ;)

Looks like I don't have one address, but two will be mailed today. I have reached out the the third winner.

Very cool, and congrats!

Anyone plan to update this thread with their mods, or should we look for new threads in a few weeks?

When i got home from work this morning (night shift problems), my g.d. GD was waiting for me! Thanks, again, @valthun! I've started a separate thread that I'll use to detail my progress.

I failed to mail one out, but that will be solved tomorrow. I have been in touch with the third winner to let him know what is going on.
I look forward to see what you guys end up doing with your new razor.

Thank you so much Valthun,

I going to make it shave worthy by hand grinding away of the shoulder, heel and some of the spine.

The honing it on lapping films.

Being new to this I'll be seeking the advice from the more experienced members here.

Thx Valthun.

Mawashi

Well, I honed it last night and shaved earlier today with it. Honed it with poor form and bad technique, so I won't go into details, but was passably sharp, providing a 2 pass CCS shave. More nicks than I like, but didn't realized I had until moving to next area. So reasonable sharp.

Top Bottom