What's new

GC.68OC, GOLD GRANDE, YAQI CHROME MELLON - A JOURNEY

February 25

Sixteenth fixed-four weekly shave. Eighth 2022 shave. Purchase 2022 Sabbatical, success continues.

Grande & Feather
Zenith B-35 Boar
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo

A fond farewell to February’s ground hog. Last shave of the month. The kit a pleasure to use. The Fixed Four has established a rhythm, heightening relaxation. Shaving fun, stroking towards excellence. Fewer shaves with comfort and enjoyment. Less more can be good, if it ain’t your wages.

My shave always exploring comfort. I went back to an ATG single pass face shave. Two passes for neck. The second neck pass I used pre shave oil. Lube and glide is where it’s at for me. Head shaves are closer. Binky assisted skin flattening improves with each shave. A fabulous face and head shave.

Last weeks shave I thought the big boar crossed over that nice comfort line. Confirmation with todays lathering, superb. Luxurious softness between a badger two band and a silvertip. I love this brush. I will soon post a glowing review. My hardest decision in the four. I got lucky and the brush has exceeded expectations.

D169F0CE-17A8-41D8-8962-56100DEFFA59.jpeg

All tuned up. Looking forward to; FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2022 Edition.
Fixed-Four. For four March shaves.
See you in March. Shaving hare. 🐰

March 4

Thank You @Cal A fun thread and a great place to fine tune our shaves. FFFMM 2022

Seventeenth fixed-four weekly shave. Ninth 2022 shave. Purchase 2022 Sabbatical, success continues.
Two years of searching. My Fixed Four was selected for a return to minimalism. Counting my weekly shaves until I reach 52. A Fixed Four Minimalistic with creds.

Grande & Feather
Zenith B-35 Boar
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

Weekly face & head shaves, I continue to search for refinements in all aspects of my shaves. Latest target, skin flattening, a bigger than expected success with closeness. Slowing the shaves down has added relaxation increasing shave enjoyment.

B0A4731B-9D1E-45C6-A500-DC0C13F09A8C.jpeg

Happy Shaves

March 11 FFFMM 2022

Grande & Feather
Zenith B-35 Boar
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

Eighteenth fixed-four shave. Smooth, close, comfortable shaves. A weekly pleasure.

8ADDFB6D-5D43-4970-8527-25F39C37698A.jpeg

Purchase Sabbatical 2022. Success continues.

Happy Shaves

Brought out the laptop and went through 29 pages of journey and growth. I enjoyed your detailed reviews John, especially in the first part of the journal (I am personally not - yet?! - into straight razors, so I skimmed those posts more than reading them) and then your breakthroughs in terms of what part fits where in your routine.

I also loved the backstory on the Zenith boar and how this came about. I like reading these stories where B&B brothers actually accomplish things with producers - similar to Rave giving the world the Lo Storto (as a CPA - I do hope Rave made a good deal with Fatip!). The B35 was used in a Reddit thread as as sort of contributor's brush recently.

The Fatip Gold Grande ain’t your Daddy’s Camaro it’s Uncle Guido’s Ferrari
Of course I could only smile when reading my own name here and there. It is almost like we were bound to meet, before I even knew this parallel wet shaving universe existed.
Guido is good to go.
Could not have said it better :smile:

Cheers,

Guido.

Brought out the laptop and went through 29 pages of journey and growth. I enjoyed your detailed reviews John, especially in the first part of the journal (I am personally not - yet?! - into straight razors, so I skimmed those posts more than reading them) and then your breakthroughs in terms of what part fits where in your routine.

I also loved the backstory on the Zenith boar and how this came about. I like reading these stories where B&B brothers actually accomplish things with producers - (as a CPA - I do hope Rave made a good deal with Fatip!). The B35 was used in a Reddit thread as as sort of contributor's brush recently.

Of course I could only smile when reading my own name here and there. It is almost like we were bound to meet, before I even knew this parallel wet shaving universe existed.

Could not have said it better :smile:

Cheers,

Guido.
I also loved the backstory on the Zenith boar and how this came about. I like reading these stories where B&B brothers actually accomplish things with producers.

That was a quote from Dr.Michael, Owner of The Gentle Shave, where I purchased the brush. There are quite a few corrections I would like to make in my journal threads. 🧐

similar to Rave giving the world the Lo Storto.
Our Resident Fatip Guru Rave. We know Fatip listens to him.

Guido Marconi was my first very best friend. We were six years old. Guido was my mentor. We were street urchins constantly mischievously howling through our neighbourhood. We were always getting into trouble we were inseparable. So many fond memories often have my laughing and crying at the same time.

I have no idea where the shaving Jedi who populated this thread are today, but I learned much from you by reading all 29 pages - but not what you might suspect. I related to your tales of blood, failure and victory as a wet shaver for many years who went to the dark place of cart shaving but made my way back to the true art a few months ago. Your pages of chasing the unobtainable punctuated by moments of temporary success remind me of golf. You really can’t ever beat the course, and frequently avid golfers think they’ve got their swings perfected - but the incessant flow of new equipment forces them into lives lived in pursuit of unobtanium. You guys are living (I hope) examples of the only thing that matters - loving the journey. I have long held that men should never retire. Men have to have purpose (the Japanese call it “ikigai”) or they fade and die. At least you found intense purpose after retirement. Thanks for sharing your lives with us.

@gvhlaw I’m flattered that you found merit in my journal entries. My adventures were a race in my mind to obtain and establish efficiencies. My sensitive skin was the driver. A half a century of mediocre painful shaves had me stumble into Badger & Blade searching for comfort. I was not disappointed the many members of B&B moulded me into an accomplished shaver. The first few years of journalling few by very quickly. I did drop off for a year with arthritic miseries but could not stay away and returned. I was locked out of my account and @JoWolf’s Lather Slide is where I resumed journaling again. I missed the fine gentlemen and kind friendships. My stride was once again tripped up this time with heart issues. I am in the midst of getting my drug therapies established and will be going for an angiogram later this month. Although I am not posting shaves lately I continue to add a few comments from time to time. I do follow quite a few shavers and enjoy their adventures and shaves. I would comment that with the help and guidance of our fellow shavers that all is possible. It did not seem achievable during some struggles. My shaves are always comfortable and the comradeship of the members has helped me persevere and stay positive with my health issues. I hope to see you on the threads.

I have no idea where the shaving Jedi who populated this thread are today, but I learned much from you by reading all 29 pages - but not what you might suspect. I related to your tales of blood, failure and victory as a wet shaver for many years who went to the dark place of cart shaving but made my way back to the true art a few months ago. Your pages of chasing the unobtainable punctuated by moments of temporary success remind me of golf. You really can’t ever beat the course, and frequently avid golfers think they’ve got their swings perfected - but the incessant flow of new equipment forces them into lives lived in pursuit of unobtanium. You guys are living (I hope) examples of the only thing that matters - loving the journey. I have long held that men should never retire. Men have to have purpose (the Japanese call it “ikigai”) or they fade and die. At least you found intense purpose after retirement. Thanks for sharing your lives with us.
I see John also replied, but you can find his new thread here if you want to continue reading!

John has been invaluable in unfolding my best shaving pattern and my shaves have been increasingly stellar as a result.

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom