What's new

GC .68

Have you tried other blades with it? I find that it much prefers sharper blades so Shark SS has been working well for me. I'm going to try a feather with it soon.
Yes, I tried Gillette Platinums, Silver Blues, Personna Lab Blues, Feather and a Voshkod. Of all of them, the Silver Blues worked best.

To CG .68 owners, what is your favorite .68 and blade combo?

Mine is .68 with a Treet carbon "black beauty".
The best shave i ever had.
Comfortable, no nick and zero irritation.

So far, for me, .68 with Gillette Nacets.
Great pairing for my sensitive skin.

This razor really is a game changer, a little more aggressive than a Tech.
Fit and finish for £65 are excellent, no worries about plating or Zamak.
Covered tabs and fool proof blade location.
I use GSBs and Proraso red for the best combination of a close and smooth shave.
I really want one.

I like my .68 with the UFO handle. Sort of like a modern Tech in SS. I find it works well with a number of blades, the Natchet and Israelie Reds being at the top of the list.

Buying my GC.68 with HD Handle was one of the my best shot. Very good on my daily shaves. Works great with Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Nacet. GC.68 require a bit sharp blades.
It already becomes collectible IMHO.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati

The best Game Changer setup for me is the .68 open comb plate with a Gillette Silver Blue blade, and with an iKon 85mm bulldog handle.

How does the Game Changer 0.68 compare to a DE89?
For me, the two are very close with the GC being perhaps a shade more aggressive. The GC is also much heavier and has a shorter and grippier handle. I used a DE89 for 10 years, but it's been sitting in the closet for over a year now. The GC gives a better shave and has a better feel to it. As for blades, I use Nacets mostly, but also Feathers, Kai's, GSB's, and 7 O'Clock Blacks. I'm happy to see the rather mild GC .68 getting some love here.

I start with DE89 and then using GC 68 SB. GC 68 is full stainless and has much better handle than my DE89 short handle. It's much heavier but same smooth and might be a little bit close shave than DE89. DE 89 still pretty good, but it's much lighter.

GC .68 is the PERFECT daily shaver. I've been using Parker Premiums and doing it in the shower and getting irritation free no nick shaves. It is not aggressive at all. A. .84 for me would be too aggressive. My starter Gentleman Jon razor is way more aggressive than the GC. I'll stick with that if I need to plow a field.

I have both the GC 68 and the GC 84 and can use either one everyday with no problems. But overall for everyday shaving I prefer the GC 68. I can shave with that plate with my eyes closed and still get a close nick free shave. But YMMV.

Top Bottom