What's new

Gave Cremo Another Shot

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The new formula Cremo, (I have it in the Cooling formula) is superior to original formula Cremo in performance.

I use it with cold water, slather it on my face, and shave with a fairly wet razor. Between passes I add more Cremo to my wet face, and have another go.

I like the original formula, and I think I like its orange scent better than the cooling's scent, but I love the new formula!

I'll use up the original, for sure. I'll buy more of the new formula.
Thanks for this. Do you know if the new formula only applies to the cooling, or to all product lines?

I've tried it, didn't like it!

Decided to try it again, I found Mango and Coconut in a tube. Love coconut and love mango!

This is what I found: It was latherless, which is normal and it was slick but no cushion to speak of. I got a good shave though.

The thing is, I found that although this would be all right for shaving with a safety razor, it could be dangerous with a straight razor! Even with washing your hands after applying it to your face, it is very difficult to hold the straight razor because your hands are now slippery! I did mention that Cremo is slick? There is too much of a chance of the straight razor slipping out of your hands. Don't believe me? Try it!

Also, shaving with a straight razor, what ends up on the blade, slowly runs down the blade into the pivot where you really want to stay dry as you can to prevent rust in that area. The pivot area is hard to clean unless you un-pin the razor.

I used a fixed handle straight razor so I did not have that problem although it was very slippery and therefor harder to control the razor.

My conclusion is that although Cremo is ok for safety razors it is not ok for straight razors.

I have heard that Cremo is making a lathering cream in a jar but at this point in time I have not seen it. Supposed to be Sandlewood.

Altered my technique this week. I now massage a few drops of shaving oil to my face prior to my Cremo application. Cremo covers my face more evenly now. The shave itself is smooth as silk. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

I have heard that Cremo is making a lathering cream in a jar but at this point in time I have not seen it. Supposed to be Sandlewood.

I purchased a jar of Cremo's Lathering Shave Cream (Sandlewood) at Target a few months ago. It's not a bad product but I personally find lathering to be an unnecessary step since I get consistently close shaves lather-less. I may occasionally get the urge to lather up, but Cremo Lathering generally sits untouched with the soaps and creams I purchased before I went lather-less.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

I might have to finally pull the trigger on Cremo for my weekday shaves. If it will "shave" (see what I did there??) Minutes off my morning routine, I might not be playing beat the clock getting to the office most mornings.

Cremo is about the only thing I use anymore! I use the original formula in the shower when in a hurry, and the new tub with a brush when I'm not. Someone else said it earlier in this thread, but I'll say it again; use PLENTY of water with Cremo! Water is the key to a very slick and comfortable shave.

Cremo works great I just hate how much "slime" it leaves behind. I have to rewash my skin after using it and I still feel greasy and have a shine to my skin.

I love Cremo Original (citrus scent in the tube) as a pre-shave with a good cream/soap and brush, or when I shave quickly with a disposable razor in the shower (ST1 or ST2 razor). I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond today for $6.99. When combined with one of their 20% off coupons, it was only $5.59! Great price for a great product that lasts for months.

I love Cremo Original (citrus scent in the tube) as a pre-shave with a good cream/soap and brush, or when I shave quickly with a disposable razor in the shower (ST1 or ST2 razor). I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond today for $6.99. When combined with one of their 20% off coupons, it was only $5.59! Great price for a great product that lasts for months.
Target normally has it for that price.

I tried a tube of Cremo Cooling that I found at Target for $7.99. The scent was too strong, my eyes watered! However, I find the nonfoaming Jack Black Beard Lube to be a great product along the same line-- slick, quick, non-irritating and gives s close shave.

I tried a tube of Cremo Cooling that I found at Target for $7.99. The scent was too strong, my eyes watered! However, I find the nonfoaming Jack Black Beard Lube to be a great product along the same line-- slick, quick, non-irritating and gives s close shave.
Try the original or the sandalwood, if you like sandalwood. The cooling is good stuff but its got a peppermint and menthol kick.

Top Bottom