What's new

Gave Cremo Another Shot

When I was new to wet shaving a couple years ago, like most of us, I tried various products to see which I liked best. I picked up a tube of Cremo at CVS. It was under 10 bucks, so what the heck. When I first tried it, I was very skeptical because there's no foam. I was actually kind of nervous and it wasn't a great experience. After my wife reorganized our bathroom closet, there was the hardly used tube of Cremo. Now being a more experienced shaver I decided to try again with three days worth of growth, and guess what-pretty freaking amazing. A real eye opener. Since my first try at it, I've used many of the brands we're all familiar with-some very expensive. This cheap shaving lube or cream or whatever it is literally gave me as good of a shave as my go to "Tabac." I'm not saying Cremo may be good for everyone-I personally have extremely sensitive skin and a rough whiskers. Cremo worked like a champ. Heck for under $10 its worth a shot.
In case your wondering, I'm using a Merkur Futura with Astra blades.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am trying to burn through my soap collection this year so that I can replace it with Cremo - it's that good. Also shaves precious minutes off my shaving time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Shows how much a bit of experience helps in this. I am the same way, not with cremo but some other products which didn't work so well for me 5 years ago, are actually quite good now!

I've become a big fan of Cremo. I don't use a brush anymore! I thought I liked the Cooling better, but after getting a tube of the Original, I think I like its scent and performance a bit more. That is certain to change over time though :)

My wife bought me one of their shave creams from either walgreens or CVS. I think it was mango scented. The scent was nice and I followed the directions, but I was not digging the texture. I shaved with it a couple of times and just felt way too much tugging. HOWEVER, I looked at the ingredient list and wound up using it as a conditioner lol. Worked out pretty well!

Also, I noticed that target carries a shave cream of theirs that I have never seen before that comes in a tub. Looks pretty legit, but have never tried it.

My wife bought me one of their shave creams from either walgreens or CVS. I think it was mango scented. The scent was nice and I followed the directions, but I was not digging the texture. I shaved with it a couple of times and just felt way too much tugging. HOWEVER, I looked at the ingredient list and wound up using it as a conditioner lol. Worked out pretty well!

Also, I noticed that target carries a shave cream of theirs that I have never seen before that comes in a tub. Looks pretty legit, but have never tried it.

I know it's weird and different BUT I think the secret is making sure your face is very wet before applying and keeping your razor wet. Seriously, best shave ever...

I actually mainly shave while I shower. It just had no slickness at all. The texture instantly reminded me of a really thick noxzema, which is also why i tried it as a conditioner since it has a similar consistency. It just never added any slickness at all to my shave. I went through about half of the tube before I stopped using it for shaving. No worries, though, I have plenty of shave soaps to fall back on, was just mainly using it cause my wife had given it to me. It's great that you get good results from it:thumbup:

Attachments

• 300.JPG
    300.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 25
How do you apply it? Just rub it on with your fingers, or spread it with a brush, or what? Do you add any water to it?
I have a sample-sized tube that I haven't tried yet.

Not sure if it's for everyone, because one of the enjoyable aspects of wet shaving is the thick lather, but it is a real time saver and probably for most experienced shavers are really great shave. For the work week it's perfect. Maybe save the crams/soaps for the weekend.

Top Bottom