What's new

Gave a shavette a try after 1 year

Well, having plenty of time in this situation and plenty of beard, I thought to give my shavette a try.

I tried to learn shaving with a shavette, 2 or 3 years ago but due the frenetic rhythm of life, I have been shaving with an Injector razor for more than 1 year . By the Injectors are amazing.

So how did shaving go? Well not the perfect shave and I got one minor cut under the chin. Totally OK, though. I found out that my left hand technique wasn't as good as it was and using my right hand was totally in control.

Not the best photo... :)

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_114705.jpg
    IMG_20200329_114705.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
Couple more shaves and you will be back to former self. sounds like your shave went OK, nice! Big bonus now is that you have time.

I have learned to do a close, quality, 1 pass straight shave when pressed for time in less than 4-5min start-finish. I can do this early in the morning if required because my muscle memory is good from shaving nearly daily. So now I cant use time as an excuse anymore...

I only use a DE (gillette adjustable slim) when traveling for more than 2 weeks which is every second year. Anything less and I pack a straight and palm strop.

It's very rewarding once you get your technique perfected. Took me about 70 shaves. My biggest challenge was my left hand, but it comes with a bit of practice.

This will be my final post in this thread of mine. Had my third shave and it was almost perfect using both hands. I think that kf you learn shaving with a shavette or a straight razor is very similar to learning how to ride a bicycle. You never forget it.

Top Bottom