What's new

Gauging Interest: **JORIS DE Test Drive Tour**

Gents - a quick update.

First, thanks to Bong for the loan of his FaTip and to all who've offered blade PIFs. :thumbup: Now we just need to figure out how to split Bong's razor (go on...keep reading).

Also, after review, the lineup I published reflects the convenient geography I applied but not the interest reflected by the timing of your posts. I apologize. As with other tours, I respect the first come, first serve spirit and would like to kindly propose we do the same with the Joris and manage any neccessary exceptions. So, here's the revised order that I'll use as a basis for the tour (again, keep reading...):

superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
petrakounas (Greece)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA)
Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA)
noahpictures (CA)

Poor noahpictures, who thought he was near the top of the list, might be feeling pretty "low" right now so let me help him and others a bit: I'm introducing a 2nd Joris DE into the mix :001_wub: Yep, a second Joris. I had been wanting to purchase another one anyway (so shiny!) so this motivated me to take the plunge. This wil allow you guys low on the list to get your paws on a Joris faster and offer me more flexibilty to manage the puts and takes as we move froward. I'm expecting it to arrive by Saturday and will keep you posted.

Allow me a little time to map this out once again and I appreciate everyone's understanding and fairness while I wrap up the schedule. I'm planning to ship my current razor and some goodies no later than Saturday, perhaps alongside my new one!

More tomorrow. Go B&B!! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

Package #1 will depart Saturday.
Package #2 will depart Monday or Tuesday, pending delivery of Joris #2.
Each package will include a Joris DE, a Muhle R41 (thanks to Bong!!), and a choice of soaps and blades.

Stay tuned...
:biggrin1:

Bill, Bong, et al
Your actions are why this place truly is a gathering place for gentlemen. Kudos to you all!

Bill- just so I understand, there will be two packages floating around each with a Joris and a R41, correct? I am also guessing there will be a schedule for both packages.

Just let me know and I'll send a bunch your way.

PM Sent. Thanks again Stub!!

Bill- just so I understand, there will be two packages floating around each with a Joris and a R41, correct? I am also guessing there will be a schedule for both packages.

That is correct - two razors in each box. And yes, I'll publish the new order later today, once I complete my domestic duties..... :biggrin1:

OK, below is the revised, split itinerary. I'm expecting to add one more member so I split the list evenly to reflect this change.

Package #1: Bong (superbleu) should have the box in a couple days, where he'll add one of his Muhle R41s to the package before sending it along.

Package #2: I should receive the second R41 Monday or Tuesday from Bong and now...Shawn (sullybob) has offered his Joris DE to the cause, kindly allowing me to keep my soon to arrive 2nd Joris in Texas. Thanks again, Shawn!! :thumbup: I'll pick up the razor locally from Shawn and ship the package to Nando by Wednesday.

Also, I'll be receiving a bunch of Derbys from Dex (Stubblefield) so they'll catch up with the boxes soon. Thanks again, Dex!!

More soon. Thanks, Guys!!

PACKAGE 1
superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
petrakounas (Greece)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA)

PACKAGE 2
Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA)
noahpictures (CA)
TBD

Last edited:
Way to go, Bill. This is going to be great.

Tuning in to hear folks' impressions of the Joris. The Fatip head is one of my favorite shavers.

Bill, I'm really looking forward to being the first recipient of package 2! Wow, really wasn't expecting it this way, plus an R 41 in the mix? I am truly thankful to be included in this very special tour. I have a few goodies to pack along the way as it makes it's way up to the Great White North!

Bill, I'm really looking forward to being the first recipient of package 2! Wow, really wasn't expecting it this way, plus an R 41 in the mix? I am truly thankful to be included in this very special tour. I have a few goodies to pack along the way as it makes it's way up to the Great White North!

I hope you enjoy it, Anand! I think the last tour I managed was fun and allowed some to try something they wouldn't/couldn't normally justify. This led to some members to take the plunge so I suppose I'm part enabler. :blushing: By the way, I'll PM you for you address. Enjoy!

Awesome!!!

What is the general rule regarding how long the box should be kept with each member? And, I think it is probably worth while setting up some rules regarding how the boxes should be shipped (insurance, tracking, etc)

Awesome!!!

What is the general rule regarding how long the box should be kept with each member? And, I think it is probably worth while setting up some rules regarding how the boxes should be shipped (insurance, tracking, etc)

Indeed...all to be covered in my upcoming "Joris DE Tour" thread. :wink2:

Last edited:
... I think the last tour I managed was fun and allowed some to try something they wouldn't/couldn't normally justify. This led to some members to take the plunge so I suppose I'm part enabler. :blushing:

This is incredible! The Joris and the R41 have piqued my interest, so a chance to test drive them to see which one works best. Maybe enabler, most certainly extremely generous gent!

Just for clarification,
The Fatip headed R41 included in this pass around is different from the new 2011 Muhle R41.

Top Bottom