What's new

Gauging interest in a new handle style

I have been working with my laser wizard to see if he could cut some pieces for me that I could effectively fashion into a Barber Pole. After a box load of "near misses", we arrived at the handle shown below (fit with an Edwin Jagger head).

The red and blue stripes are made of dyed Box Elder and the white stripes are natural American Holly. The individual pieces were cut on the laser and then assembled by hand prior to turning. The handle was then finished with multiple coats of a a marine based product originally designed for sailboat decks and is completely waterproof.

The fittings are custom made solid Stainless Steel and will accept most 3-piece heads, such as Merkur, Edwin Jagger, Muhle, etc. The handle is also designed so that it may be fitted to a Merkur 2-part HD razor (34C, 37C, 38C or 39C).

All the parts, except the 3-piece razor head or the Merkur HD razors, are made in the US.

The prototype below turned out great and I would like to see if there is an interest in a limited run of 15 - 20 handles in this style. The cost of the 3-piece handle, as shown in the last picture, would be $60.

Please reply to this email if this is something you might like to see in your shave den. Thanks, Bob

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thank you for your comments and PM's.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a limited run of 20 handles. It will still be several weeks before I have them completed and ready for sale, however the prototype is available for sale and is listed on my site.

Thanks again, Bob

Top Bottom