What's new

Gauging Group Buy Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Would somebody mind giving a description of the brush characteristics? I've read contradicting reviews, but I think that is because some are reviews from years ago as opposed to a month ago. Thoughts? How's the density, feel, flow, scritchyness, scrubbyness, etc. of the more recent Sabini brushes?

thanks

Hopefully others will chime in. As always, characteristics vary from batch to batch, badger to badger, and brush to brush. I have several M&Fs in 2-band Blonde Badger (which is what this would be). The last two I bought from Lee (in November) had knots that seem to me to be very similar to my Simpson T3 in Manchurian -- very closely similar appearance, similar feel, similar performance. But I don't know how those will compare to the knots in these brushes. I'll ask Lee and share what I can.

None of my M&F brushes with a Blonde Badger knot is what I'd call scritchy (no itch), and they all have characteristic 2-band feel (i.e., springy, with good backbone -- virtually no flop -- that doesn't require high density so good flow, and soft tips that nonetheless provide some scrub). But mileage varies with all brushes.

Your latest post states 2-band, but the original does not, and this would certainly influence me. I know Lee has some 3-band that he labels as Blond Badger but I am definitely interested in the 2-band version.

Also depends on handle material, but at this price point (estimate) I am very interested. I have been trying to get Lee to respond to an e-mail for about 1.5 months, so this may take care of that.

Thanks,
CZ

*edit - Will there be some input for handle materials? I would be interested in some imitation burl or some other option with character (but not too much like the moon-java handles). Maybe Lee could provide some handle options and we could vote?

Last edited:
Interested pending final design etc.

EDIT: If taking input, 24 or 26 mm fine by me. Horn, Burl, Shell material preferred. Thanks, Moe

Last edited:
Like I said in the pm sir if it looks anything like the black one teased in the first thread and the color doesn't end up being something way funky I am defintely interested.

*edit - Will there be some input for handle materials? I would be interested in some imitation burl or some other option with character (but not too much like the moon-java handles). Maybe Lee could provide some handle options and we could vote?

Yes, some kind of horn, burl, shell, etc would be nice. I love the briarwood and shell brushes that Agravic (I think) has.

I'm not interested in this brush since I'm M&F heavy. I'm just interested to see how Lee responds to what I imagine will be 30+ B&B brush orders. Glad I got my most recent one before the rush is on.

Interested.

I'd favor the 26mm knot as I think M&Fs tend to be on the small side of spec. Maybe they should all be labeled "Pooney" :tongue_sm

D

Deleted member 48987

I'm definitely in. As Bruce mentioned, it would be really awesome if you could get this to be a B&B LE. If possible, maybe Lee could tell you the color/material options and we could vote on what we like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom