What's new

Gauging Group Buy Interest

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This thread is for the purpose of gauging interest in a proposed B&B-sanctioned Group Buy.

The details of the Group Buy are as follows:

A Simpson G3 Eagle Brush. This brush is currently produced only in pure badger hair and nothing else. The purpose of the Group Buy, for those of you that are interested, would be to obtain this brush with Best-grade badger hair.

This Group Buy would be for only the G3 model (no G1 or G2 models would be produced with Best-grade hair.)

Here are some pics and specs of this brush. The brush pictured is in pure badger. The cost of this brush in pure badger ranges between $85 to $90 dollars. Although no price-point has been determined as of yet for this style brush in Best, you may be able to get a ball-park idea of the cost of this brush and depending on any type of deal we may be able to get.

Furthermore, if there is enough interest in this group buy, our own John (letterk) has agreed to take up the up the cause and distribute these brushes through West Coast Shaving.

Additionally, John has generously agreed that a portion of the proceeds will be donated to
Operation Smile:smile:.

So if you are interested please post in this thread and tell us your thoughts.

Approximate Dimensions: This may be subject to change regarding possibly a shorter loft.

Height: 98 mm
Loft: 50 mm
Base: 48
Knot: 23 mm

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going broke on shave brushes. Yes, I'd be interested in a non-commital sort of way.

Price point? Ball-park timing?

-- John Gehman

I would love to try this brush with a shorter loft...something around 44mm-45mm...and if we can swing another butterscotch run through vulfix...that would be the icing on the cake!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I would love to try this brush with a shorter loft...something around 44mm-45mm...and if we can swing another butterscotch run through vulfix...that would be the icing on the cake!

That range loft is currently in discussion. The butterscotch thing has been discussed as well, but I don't know about that one (even though I would like that too.)

Last edited:
Bob,

As I'm thinking of getting a "proper" badger in the near future...currently I've only got a Tweezerman...I'd certainly be interested (especially as it would help a great cause). :001_smile

Sounds like fun! I have been really pleased with the Simpsons brushes I have. Having a unique simpsons through the board would be a treat. While I thought the LE brush was great it cam down to the handle shape for me. The size 3 handle looks like it would be comfortable to hold and not squatty like the size 1. The more I use my colonel in best the more I like it and think it is a great value.

Yep, I'm in for sure.

I say leave the loft alone. You don't want to make the loft too short with the best hair or it will be too scrubby/prickly. Anywhere in the 48-50 would spot on with a 23mm knot.

Thank you Bob, John, and B&B

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Yep, I'm in for sure.

I say leave the loft alone. You don't want to make the loft too short with the best hair or it will be too scrubby/prickly. Anywhere in the 48-50 would spot on with a 23mm knot.

Thank you Bob, John, and B&B

Great point about the loft. Thanks for that input. :thumbup1:

I REALLY liked your message! Cut off the thread crappers and whiners all in one SWELL FOOP! :lol:
Yeah! Oh, I'd be interested..:w00t:

I am interested as well, and echo Jeremy's point about short lofts and prickliness. The Simpson Best hair is a bit more prickly than the Rooney equivalent. I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer Simpson.

Just curious Tony. This is a serious question.

Your decision would be strictly based upon handle color?

Yep. SBAD hasn't kicked in yet. I own two brushes, one Semogue 1305 and one Dovo Silvertip. I don't collect brushes and I'm not really even that curious about others, but I like the looks and the specs of this brush.

I don't need it, but the price is right (I think) and if it were available in butterscotch I'd pull the trigger. :blushing:

I can't really consider it at the moment! I'm in the process of sinking a UK 21mm super badger knot from TGN into my 30 year old Eagle G3.

But I would be interested to know what money you're talking about.

It will be a great job in Best. Simpsons Best is very soft but with a good bit of backbone.

Top Bottom