What's new

GarverRazorWorks Pittsburgh PA

I ran across this razor in my collection and have no idea where I got it or when it was acquired.
Tried searching the web for information but I 'm not seeing anything.

So... Does anyone have any info on a vintage razor which has "GARVERRAZORWORKS - Pittsburgh USA" on
one side of the tang, and the letters "J.U.G" on the other? The J.U.G. has two jugs - think old moonshine style
jugs you see in the movies - on either side of the letters. The blade is about a 5/8, full hollow.

TIA
Bolo

Sorry, I’ve got nothing. Looked up Gaeverrazorsworks, tried Jug as well as Pittsburgh.
I’ve got several I imagine we’re small operators that I have no leads on.
I think it’s cool to hold a piece of missing history . But there it is as a testament in your hand. Enjoy it.

From a bit of searching online, once suggestion is that it was a short lived razor maker in Pittsburgh, and likely a small manufacturer that were more common in the 1800s. There are a few pictures of these razors online that are pretty nice. This one is from a user on another forum, named Portal5.

Edit: One site that evaluates items for prices states the model they sold was produced in the early 1900s. I don't know the reliability of the site, Worthpoint.

1684955909802.png

Last edited:
Thanks Light, I'm glad you found something about that manufacturer.
I just noticed after looking at the box in your pic there is a serial#(?) on the tang "B-375".
Here's a couple pics of mine. I'll have to check worthpoint and see what they say about it.

JUG1.JPG
JUG2.JPG

Thanks Light, I'm glad you found something about that manufacturer.
I just noticed after looking at the box in your pic there is a serial#(?) on the tang "B-375".
Here's a couple pics of mine. I'll have to check worthpoint and see what they say about it.

View attachment 1659613View attachment 1659614
I really enjoyed this search. More than most, to be honest. I really hope you enjoy your razor. You have quite a treasure on your hands, IMO.

Top Bottom