What's new

Garmin Instinct Watch

I am looking for any opinions on the Garmin Instinct watch. I usually wear Fitbit watches that track steps and heart rate but I can't get any Fitbit watches to last more than 2 years regardless of the model.

Any opinions regarding the Garmin would be much appreciated.

images.jpeg

I have an Instinct. If the majority of what you want to do is track steps and heart rate, the Instinct is overkill. It's a proper ABC (altimeter, barometer, compass) watch with a mess of other features built in (GPS tracking for various activities, etc.). Like most Garmin products the interface is terrible and annoying to figure out. It's a very thick watch. I only wear it on training hikes, because on backpacking trips I kept snagging it on my straps when I took my pack on and off.

I'd look at lower-end (less expensive) products for Garmin, Tom-Tom, and Timex for steps and hear rate tracking.

I have an Instinct. If the majority of what you want to do is track steps and heart rate, the Instinct is overkill. It's a proper ABC (altimeter, barometer, compass) watch with a mess of other features built in (GPS tracking for various activities, etc.). Like most Garmin products the interface is terrible and annoying to figure out. It's a very thick watch. I only wear it on training hikes, because on backpacking trips I kept snagging it on my straps when I took my pack on and off.

I'd look at lower-end (less expensive) products for Garmin, Tom-Tom, and Timex for steps and hear rate tracking.
Appreciate the info. The main reason I was considering the Instinct was because one of my local sporting goods stores has them marked down at $119.

Top Bottom