What's new

Garbage Brush

It requires real artistry and craftsmanship to see what something might be and then turn it into reality...yes pun intended.

Nice work!

Anybody that makes pens is going to have a lot of cutoffs from their pen blanks and I’m no exception. I hate throwing anything away including leftover resin, so I combined both to make this brush, which would have otherwise been garbage. I had to finish it with CA which is something I like to do about as much as going to the dentist, but it actually turned out better than expected.

View attachment 850454 View attachment 850455 View attachment 850456 View attachment 850457

Very cool! I do the same when wood working; except I make them in to support blocks and wood for other unseen areas. I had people come to me later to ask why I hid this cool piece of wood under the furniture. :001_smile

@Swazilander - that’s pretty cool. I normally use scrap pieces for accents when segmenting, but sometimes I make single purpose jigs with them instead of wasting good wood on something that will likely never get used again. Of course I keep the jig.... ya never know!

Top Bottom