What's new

Garbage Brush

Anybody that makes pens is going to have a lot of cutoffs from their pen blanks and I’m no exception. I hate throwing anything away including leftover resin, so I combined both to make this brush, which would have otherwise been garbage. I had to finish it with CA which is something I like to do about as much as going to the dentist, but it actually turned out better than expected.

98BE1D2D-9A2F-4E84-9A44-4802C0525995.jpeg B598285E-3668-4CEF-AEB5-717590C10E06.jpeg B5C6B7E3-4EB9-4296-BD4F-15099E8B558D.jpeg 556CAF6C-3B2D-4409-9F0D-EDDB6D045457.jpeg

Great brush! I know what you mean about CA. I actually got the industrial strength super glue in the 1 oz bottle from harbor freight as kind of like a joke to try but man let me tell you, that stuff works as good if not better than any other CA I've used! Our shocked me really. Oh well, VERY nice brush, Sir!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the comments guys.

@KeenDogg - You can get a cheap lathe from Harbor Freight that will work fine for starting out, but you’ll easily spend more on tools & accessories.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

@KeenDogg - You can get a cheap lathe from Harbor Freight that will work fine for starting out, but you’ll easily spend more on tools & accessories.
+1. I've had my harbor freight lathe forever and it works like a dream. I really love how it's variable speed but I did spend more on tooling, chucks, ect than the lathe costs!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jay, I like it. I admire your creative use of stuff that others might toss. Certainly leads to some one of a kind creations! Good stuff.

Unique in a good way. Is that a WD or GN knot? Would be proud to have that brush in my collection. Keep up the good work!:001_wub::001_tt1:

Thanks. The knot is a TGN 24mm Finest bulb, however it's not permanently set. I've gotten into temporarily setting knots so I can try out the handle then pull the knot back out. Why? Because I intend to do a good size PIF of handles in the future, and I'm deciding which to keep and which to give away.

Jay, I like it. I admire your creative use of stuff that others might toss. Certainly leads to some one of a kind creations! Good stuff.

Thank You!

Very Nice Jay , You know what they say "One Mans Trash is Another Mans treasure "

Thanks Steve. In this case, it was both my trash and my treasure. I'm sure you know how it is, keeping every little cutoff or piece of wood "just in case".

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks Steve. In this case, it was both my trash and my treasure. I'm sure you know how it is, keeping every little cutoff or piece of wood "just in case".[/QUOTE] Na Not Me :)
Bucket.jpg

Top Bottom