What's new

Garage slippers

Mike H

Instagram Famous
If you gentlemen will humor me with my lowbrow topic. About two years ago I converted an old pair of mowing shoes to garage slippers. For those times I wanted to piddle in the garage while preserving my socks. My kids made fun of me. But they were comfortable and effective.

Last night my daughter shows me a pair of Converse slip ons that are popular in middle school this year.

She still thinks they are ridiculous. Lol.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gee, they look almost like Crocs Classic Clogs.
proxy.php

Strap can go around the heel or across the front.
I like these for lawn mowing (no worry about stains) and at the beach.
In the water they are buoyant enough that you can lay flat on your back and go completely limp without sinking or ending up face-down.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I use the Keen Uneek Slides. Also for early morning dog walks. I like the arch support in these.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have a pair of Patagonia slip ons where the back folds down so its a slide in for going down in the basement
they are so beat up i love them

Croc user here for something to slip on in the garages, basement, quick trip to the yard.

I keep a pair in the bed of my truck for boat launching or to put on if I get my boots muddy.

If you gentlemen will humor me with my lowbrow topic. About two years ago I converted an old pair of mowing shoes to garage slippers. For those times I wanted to piddle in the garage while preserving my socks. My kids made fun of me. But they were comfortable and effective.

Last night my daughter shows me a pair of Converse slip ons that are popular in middle school this year.

She still thinks they are ridiculous. Lol.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

These options look much the same to me! LOL (But what do I know?)

I like your tennis/running shoe mod.

Even my garage/yard shoes are completely shot so I have been using an old pair of Betula Birkenstocks. They are fine for short duration tasks but do not feel right when doing any real work as the sole/footbed is very stiff; as cannot kneel down without taking a shoe off.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
When I want to piddle in the garage, I use a bucket. But that's me, Mr. Manners.
I said I was low brow, not uncouth. I meant the present participle verb usage, not the euphemistic diminutive noun. But that reminds me, I would like to have a urinal installed in my garage.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I said I was low brow, not uncouth. I meant the present participle verb usage, not the euphemistic diminutive noun. But that reminds me, I would like to have a urinal installed in my garage.
The piddling pedant. And it's not diminutive. It's fair to middling, if not well above average. :001_tt2:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's a neat clog mod. on the tennis shoes, Mike.

I have a pair of Patagonia slip ons where the back folds down so its a slide in for going down in the basement
they are so beat up i love them

The more beat up the better. This is what I usually have on when I'm not wearing regular shoes. The toe areas are worn through but they are comphy. Not real good outside if you step on fallen hickory nuts or something, but nice otherwise.

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

Top Bottom