What's new

Garage find

What quarter is it, out of curiosity? That's my birth year, and I'm one of those guys who felt compelled to get a Slim in my birth quarter (as well as other Gillette offerings).

H1 is the date code on this one.

Great to hear someone has had luck at a G-sale. Me not at all. However. I'll trade you 6 ash trays, 2 sprinklers and a bent putter for that razor.

Lol. I think I’m gonna hang on to these . It actually wasn’t a garage sale. My stepdad just found these in my parents garage, and by some strang stroke of luck they weren’t thrown away after all these years.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
H1 is the date code on this one.

Lol. I think I’m gonna hang on to these . It actually wasn’t a garage sale. My stepdad just found these in my parents garage, and by some strang stroke of luck they weren’t thrown away after all these years.
I could be your dad: I never throw out stuff in my garage, just rearrange and build another one when the other gets full.

It's just another reason my wife will be found innocent when she kills me.

Haha. Yep. He’s the same way, but he knows where everything is, even if it does look like a tornado came through sometimes

Had the same luck myself my dad and our kid was clearing out my nans garage a about a month ago. my grandad passed a few years back now and the garage was filled with tools and bits from decades ago and I bet if someone wanted something and looked hard enough you'd have found it there lol.

But amongst all the tools and stuff they found a 61 cased Fatboy and a 58 TV special rhodium plated rocket which they passed on to me as they know I'm a de shaver..

The Fatboy is the razor I use every other day and all though there is no plate loss on it if there was I wouldn't replate it, it's been whipped around my grandad face and probably cut him a few times but it's as he used and each time I use it I smile and say cheers grandad it's a ritual brings me closer to him.

Think a replate might just lose that closeness I feel when using it

FarmerTan

Had the same luck myself my dad and our kid was clearing out my nans garage a about a month ago. my grandad passed a few years back now and the garage was filled with tools and bits from decades ago and I bet if someone wanted something and looked hard enough you'd have found it there lol.

But amongst all the tools and stuff they found a 61 cased Fatboy and a 58 TV special rhodium plated rocket which they passed on to me as they know I'm a de shaver..

The Fatboy is the razor I use every other day and all though there is no plate loss on it if there was I wouldn't replate it, it's been whipped around my grandad face and probably cut him a few times but it's as he used and each time I use it I smile and say cheers grandad it's a ritual brings me closer to him.

Think a replate might just lose that closeness I feel when using it
You are blessed.

That's great that it works fine. Awesome! I was born in '62, but I'm just waiting for a bit to buy one. I recently found a user grade E3 Fatboy in an antique store for $15, so that helped quench my covetousness!

Fatboy is awesome. I've only used it 3 or 4? times, set on 5, and it has really delivered.
Now I’m that is one heck of a find. I’m still looking for a Fatboy I can afford. The auction prices are ridiculous.

FarmerTan

Now I’m that is one heck of a find. I’m still looking for a Fatboy I can afford. The auction prices are ridiculous.
I'll have to try to post some pics. No beauty queen, but for being 60 years old it looks better than me at 57.

Congratulations on getting two family razors that are also good shavers! I would clean them & use them. I wouldn't consider replating either of them until you get deeper into the rabbit hole.

Top Bottom