What's new

Gap on Qshave adjustable

Hi all hope the new year is going well for you all.
Does anyone know the gap on number 3 setting for the Qshave adjustable.
I now use the Feather razor and my wife is getting use to a de razor, Qshave on 3 setting. Once she gets used to the de razor I think she might like something like the Razorock Mamba 53.

Here's a blade gap chart. Perhaps compare to the Merkur Futur.

Thanks Big, I see my Feather gap is close to the Mamba 70.
I believe the Future gaps are more aggressive than the Qshave and the Rex adjustments are close to the Q.
I told my wife to try the Feather, once she does I’ll see what she says. I think she will also like how the blades load on the Mamba or Feather.

As long as I’m on the subject, can anyone tell my if the Mamba 70 has a positive, neutral or negative blade exposure.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I would just purchase some feeler gauges, borrow some or improvise a know like any plastic strips with a spent blade in the razor and just measure the sandwiched strips when they just slip in under the blade with a Vernier caliper or a micrometer to check the gap yourself. You would be surprized how accurate they are.

I would just purchase some feeler gauges, borrow some or improvise a know like any plastic strips with a spent blade in the razor and just measure the sandwiched strips when they just slip in under the blade with a Vernier caliper or a micrometer to check the gap yourself. You would be surprized how accurate they are.
I'll check my tool box, I think I have feeler gauges.

Top Bottom