What's new

Gamila "tea stick"

Gents,
I purchased the neatest tea infuser - thought some of you fellas might be interested. It is a little device called the Gamila (brand name) "Tea Stick." This too cool device requires you slide the screen back, scoop the loose leaf tea into the chamber - which acts like a spoon, and will accept the perfect amount of tea for an 8-10 oz cup, then slide the screen back to its full-forward position, and steep away! The whole process from loading to cleanup is SUPER simple, and mess free! For you fellas that don't want to have to muck around with a teapot etc, or just like cool gadgets - this is your ticket!

Here is a couple pics from the manufactures website...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here are a few pics of mine going to town...
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of cool, but does it have enough room for the tea to expand properly? I use a mesh basket that takes up the whole cup and can be lifted out - works better than anything else I have tried, but doesn't look very pretty.

Or you can go traditional and use a gaiwan and have the tea loose in the cup.

Scotto said:
Kind of cool, but does it have enough room for the tea to expand properly? I use a mesh basket that takes up the whole cup and can be lifted out - works better than anything else I have tried, but doesn't look very pretty.

Or you can go traditional and use a gaiwan and have the tea loose in the cup.

:biggrin: In Mars Smeritus style - I have a VAST array of tea steeping equipment.... Gaiwans, Infusion pots, Infusion cups, PIAO glass push pots, bodum infuser pots, you name it - I got it or have tried it. I find this Gamila Tea Stick HIGHLY effective - provided you don't overfill it and crowd the sucker up. After 1-2 uses you have how much to put in it down pat. Work great, and certainly looks superb as well!

Top Bottom