What's new

Gamer Dads

Just thought I'd share something personal and entertaining from my life. When I was a kid the earliest Christmas I can remember was the year I received my first video games. That year my parents (Dad) gifted me Zelda II adventure of Link and Castlevania III Draculas curse for the Nintendo NES. I learned how to play Zelda with my dad while other kids were still playing Mario Bros because Zelda was too hard. I of course still play video games whenever I have time which is not very often but I still get to it every now and again and when I do my daughter joins in on the fun (when I'm playing the old NES and none violent games that is). But ever since that Zelda game my dad became addicted to the series and since then he has played every single Zelda game to date and finished them, from console systems to handhelds. My dad is not whatsoever a gamer but when Zelda is released I go to the store and buy it for him because it brings back memories of the time when I was a kid and we played Zelda together Christmas morning.

Here he is putting in work on Zelda breath of the wild.

Did I mention my dad is 56? LOL
IMG_4740.JPG

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!
I to am a gamer dad but my daughter is still to young to play. I'm also a huge Zelda fan and I'm enjoying Breath of The Wild emencely!

That's cool! I'm 44 and my current avatar picture is one of my characters I created in Skyrim. You are never too old to game! :thumbup:

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!
I to am a gamer dad but my daughter is still to young to play. I'm also a huge Zelda fan and I'm enjoying Breath of The Wild emencely!
Thank you for taking the time to read bud. My daughter absolutely loves when I turn it on, it's like a treat for her as I don't always get to it. I'm sure you will have those memories with your little one when she's a bit older too. My dad is absolutely loving it as well, I've heard nothing but great things. Hopefully he lets me borrow it once he's done. LOL

That's cool! I'm 44 and my current avatar picture is one of my characters I created in Skyrim. You are never too old to game! :thumbup:
That's awesome! And I firmly believe that too. Gaming is on a whole other level nowadays. "the games change, but the players stay the same." LOL

We had two pc's. My son and I played WoW together for years. It was so much fun when it was only to level 60.

My Father still plays some games at 63 but not like he did. I play as much as I can (being 38 and working more than not) from Overwatch to Battlefield 1. My kids have grown with these games always being a part of what we did. Not so much my daughter but my boys most definitely. Now that I have a grandson I'll get to start with him.

47 year old gamer dad. On top of that, I teach game design! Unfortunately, my daughter is not a gamer except for casual phone games. We did have fun with Pokemon Go for a couple of weeks.

We had two pc's. My son and I played WoW together for years. It was so much fun when it was only to level 60.
I know it's pretty crazy now, and can get rather expensive. But it's great to hear you had some great moments with your son in the earlier WoW years.

47 year old gamer dad. On top of that, I teach game design! Unfortunately, my daughter is not a gamer except for casual phone games. We did have fun with Pokemon Go for a couple of weeks.
Oh that's awesome! Haha hey, even that is gaming of sorts and we'll take it. My nephew wants to be a game designer I hope his dream comes true.

My 3 year old daughter Loves watching me play, PlayStation. I've got her setup with an old Xbox 360 controller so she can "play" too.

Occasionally we'll break out the old Wii and play Mario carts, but she still doesn't really have a handle on it.

She might be stuck on a wall the entire race but she loves it lol

My 3 year old daughter Loves watching me play, PlayStation. I've got her setup with an old Xbox 360 controller so she can "play" too.

Occasionally we'll break out the old Wii and play Mario carts, but she still doesn't really have a handle on it.

She might be stuck on a wall the entire race but she loves it lol
Hahaha that's too cool as long as she's having a good time right. I used to give me little one the controller as well on player 2 and let her "play" too before she got the hang of things. She loves Mario Run on the cell phone right now though.

44 year-old Dad here. I still play, periodically (still have my Xbox 360 hooked up), but my 7 year-old daughter hasn't shown a lot of interest so far.

Although, she did just mention that the Nintendo Switch looks cool. If I can find one, I'll get it for her.

Nice! My son will beg me to play him on the Xbox. So I jump in and challenge him to Madden. Sometimes I let him win. Hope he has the same memories of our gaming that you do.

44 year-old Dad here. I still play, periodically (still have my Xbox 360 hooked up), but my 7 year-old daughter hasn't shown a lot of interest so far.

Although, she did just mention that the Nintendo Switch looks cool. If I can find one, I'll get it for her.
The switch is pretty awesome I'm sure she will love it once she gets her tiny hands on it. Keep on gaming brother.

Nice! My son will beg me to play him on the Xbox. So I jump in and challenge him to Madden. Sometimes I let him win. Hope he has the same memories of our gaming that you do.
Im sure he will, nowadays it just feels there's less time in the day with work and chores and everything else in between that any time spent is special.

Top Bottom