What's new

Gamechanger question

Kinda of a poll / question to see what others experience is here...

I have a Gamechanger 84 and the blade is a bit sticky to the baseplate. I had a 64 plate and I recall it being worse.

I wonder if this was a fluke or if other also have this issue with the two blade guide posts making the blade hard(er) to remove? Anyone? Thanks!

Mine it's the same. I have the .68/.84SB. To replace the blade I use the edge of the handle to slide off the blade.

I also have the .68/.84SB and find them moderately sticky when it comes to the blade. In my mind, I attribute this to the high tolerances of the gamechanger.

I rinse the razor and blade after every shave. Normally, I lightly grasp the blade with my forefinger and thumb and lift away from the base plate. I lift the forefinger side of the blade a fraction of a second before the thumb side.

Last edited:
Yep, my .84 is the same, although I don't find it a problem. I would rather have a blade that's a bit tight, than one that flops about. I press down on one end with my thumb and flip the other end off with my fingernail. I then bend the free end upwards until the other end pops off and falls into the sink. Haven't cut myself yet - famous last words.

Both my 68 and 84sb's are a bit sticky with the blades as everyone says must be because the tolerances are so good.You won't get any blade chatter with these superb razors.

There’s this little trick when it comes
to removing a blade from the GC baseplate: Just press lightly on either side of the blade,near it’s edge.
The blade will pop right out at once!

Check at 02:49 & 02:55 in the following vid:

Last edited:
I like my GC84-SB and its excellent tolerances. What I don't like is:
  1. having the locating pins on the baseplate (making the tightly fitting blade kinda dangerous to load/unload), :001_rolle and
  2. having the blade tabs (yes, these things for handling the blade safely) completely covered. :001_rolle
Sure, I can remove blades safely now... but I had to give it some thought. Definitely not a razor for the accident prone.

I use the Israeli Reds and the Dorco primes in the GameChanger because they give great shaves and they don't stick at all in the razor. Other blades that I have used stick in the razor.

Reactions: Cal
Just got one recently and usually unscrew the head onto a towel on the counter only used a couple blades but did not notice the sticking and would have but only used gillette platinum and astra so far
but hate the pins on the plate vs the head only having the thread part ! doable but kinda odd ?

to removing a blade from the GC baseplate: Just press lightly on either side of the blade,near it’s edge.

Watched the whole thing, even though I didn't understand a word. That is the best way I've found to pop the blade off a GC.

I love that the blade ends are covered on the GCs, and I really hate those dreaded wax dots.

But why did he fold the blades up when he was done?

Thanks for the tip. My .84 SB comes off easily and my .68 SB is tight with all the blades that I have tried. Good to know that it’s common.

Watched the whole thing, even though I didn't understand a word. That is the best way I've found to pop the blade off a GC.

I love that the blade ends are covered on the GCs, and I really hate those dreaded wax dots.

But why did he fold the blades up when he was done?
Because he really appreciates the
Bolzano blades ,LOL.
Actually it’s me in that video...

Top Bottom