What's new

Gamechanger oc “Jaws”

I ordered both the OC and JAWS for this second release. Like you guys I was too interested in difference between them to just get one! Hopefully that'll console me while I'm sleeping on the sofa, haha.

I ordered both the OC and JAWS for this second release. Like you guys I was too interested in difference between them to just get one! Hopefully that'll console me while I'm sleeping on the sofa, haha.

I wanted to order both as well but they seem to alternate between which one is available. Kind of lost interest. I'm still open to reviews here on B&B however, I hope you enjoy them.

Too aggressive? My daily driver is the .84 SB, have you tried that one?

Yes. I have the 84SB and love it (shaved with it this morning btw). But I wouldn't want anything MORE aggressive/efficient than the 84SB. Same as the Fatip for me...MK2 Gentile is great, but the MK2 OC is too much for daily use...

I have now used all three. I would have to say the open comb is most efficient. The JAWS felt much more aggressive during the shave and the SB just took a little bit more to get as smooth.
I’ll have to continue rotating these three (angles are of course the same) and see if my first conclusion remains the same.
Chad

I have the Game Changer 84 and put it away, I did not like the shave or the feel, it's not smooth or efficient for me

As far as Jaws, I have used Jaws a half dozen times now and for myself, and for a razor that shows a lot of blade it is an excellent very smooth, efficient shaver, for my daily use (I switched out the handle for a SS Stork Falcon 13 x 90). In comparison razors in my rotation are two Gillette Old-Style/Single Ring ball end which I switch out the handle for a stork aristocrat better feel, balance, control and shave (I use a shim with this razor, U.S Army Old Style which doesn't need a shim, (this razor has just the right amount of aggressiveness for me without a shim). a CG 3 DC, PAA Ascension SS with a shim, British Streamline Gem and a Gibbs 17. My blade of choice is Polsilver. I have been using the Smart Helix, the aggressive side with a Feather blade and it too is an excellent razor.

But Jaws really surprised me an inexpensive SS razor that is ever so smooth and efficient with excellent feedback is hard to find for blade feel lovers like myself.
IMG-2907.JPG
IMG-2912.JPG

Jaws arrived yesterday. It came with the Super Knurl handle. They also included the leather travel bag. Fit and finish was perfect. As others have said, it does look a bit intimidating but I like it. On to the shave. This morning I loaded up a fresh Astra SP, my go to blade. I prefer shorter handles so I swapped to a Weber Bulldog. I decided to try some Tabac soap. This was my first time with Tabac. Great creamy lather but I am not sure about the scent. I thought it best to go for 2 slow passes with some ATG buffing. WTG and XTG was just as smooth as the .68 and .84 GC. I was expecting it to be smooth and Jaws did not disappoint. ATG was smooth as well. With only 1 shave it is hard to make any solid comparisons but I know it is a keeper. As for the final results it was a very good DFS, no nics or weepers. ! Tomorrow I will go for a 3rd pass.
0721191858-1.jpg

watching this topic and the JAWS topic with interest. I got a chance to try the game changer 0.84 a while back, and while i was impressed with how smooth this razor was, it just wasnt efficient enough for me and have since got a SS 0.95 Timeless SB and the Muhle R41. I like both these razors but maybe the R41 a tad more.

I really like the look / feel of the 0.84 GC and will be getting me the OC or the JAWS, just need to decide which to go for..

I have the Game Changer 84 and put it away, I did not like the shave or the feel, it's not smooth or efficient for me

As far as Jaws, I have used Jaws a half dozen times now and for myself, and for a razor that shows a lot of blade it is an excellent very smooth, efficient shaver, for my daily use (I switched out the handle for a SS Stork Falcon 13 x 90). In comparison razors in my rotation are two Gillette Old-Style/Single Ring ball end which I switch out the handle for a stork aristocrat better feel, balance, control and shave (I use a shim with this razor, U.S Army Old Style which doesn't need a shim, (this razor has just the right amount of aggressiveness for me without a shim). a CG 3 DC, PAA Ascension SS with a shim, British Streamline Gem and a Gibbs 17. My blade of choice is Polsilver. I have been using the Smart Helix, the aggressive side with a Feather blade and it too is an excellent razor.

But Jaws really surprised me an inexpensive SS razor that is ever so smooth and efficient with excellent feedback is hard to find for blade feel lovers like myself.
View attachment 1000925 View attachment 1000926
What is the handle you have on that razor? Very nice

One more observation the blade holding tolerance is incredible (at least on the razor that I have), there is absolutely no play with the blade in the head before you tighten the head down with the handle. I have to push down on the blade slightly for it to lock into place, and when I finish my shave and take the head apart to clean it takes a moment to release the blade from the bottom plate (the wetness of the blade adds to the tightness in how the blade is held in place during the shave). With other razors at times, the blade wetness will make the blade stick to the bottom plate a drop, with Jaws the blade is already locked into place so the wetness adds a slight degree of effort to remove the blade.

1A45C965-0F83-4C1E-B99C-632E4B84777C.jpeg
217EFCE5-5493-4FC7-BB3D-5BBB4A41DA80.jpeg
JAWS VS OC GAMECHANGER
Pre shave: Hot Shower
Blades: Polsilver
Soap: Panama Boelis
AS: Chatillion Luxe Lavender
Brush: Elite Larimar High Mountain
These 2 razors are the new OC versions of the .84 GameChanger and the Jaws has a menacing look of wide teeth with large space between them and the OC looks much like any OC razor. I decided to do a side by side as shaving with them separately it seemed like they were the same.
I did a 3 Pass WTG, XTG, ATG shave with the Jaws on my right side and the OC on the left.
WTG: The OC was slightly smoother with just a small amount of decreased blade feel compared to the Jaws. Rinsed and both sides were cleared of most of my Whiskers.
XTG: I did not feel much difference between the 2 except the OC was just a tad smoother. Rinse and I could have been done with a few touch up strokes on the jaw line and around the Adam’s apple.
ATG: with this pass the OC was definitely smoother, not by a WOW amount but definitely noticeable. Rinse and I am BBS.
Both these razors were smooth and easy to use, giving excellent results but the OC was smoother especially ATG.
Tomorrow I am going to try to compare the Lupo and the .84 GC then put that winner against the OC. Have a great shave guys.

View attachment 1001256 View attachment 1001255 JAWS VS OC GAMECHANGER
These 2 razors are the new OC versions of the .84 GameChanger and the Jaws has a menacing look of wide teeth with large space between them and the OC looks much like any OC razor. I decided to do a side by side as shaving with them separately it seemed like they were the same.
I did a 3 Pass WTG, XTG, ATG shave with the Jaws on my right side and the OC on the left.
WTG: The OC was slightly smoother with just a small amount of decreased blade feel compared to the Jaws. Rinsed and both sides were cleared of most of my Whiskers.
XTG: I did not feel much difference between the 2 except the OC was just a tad smoother. Rinse and I could have been done with a few touch up strokes on the jaw line and around the Adam’s apple.
ATG: with this pass the OC was definitely smoother, not by a WOW amount but definitely noticeable. Rinse and I am BBS.
Both these razors were smooth and easy to use, giving excellent results but the OC was smoother especially ATG.
Tomorrow I am going to try to compare the Lupo and the .84 GC then put that winner against the OC. Have a great shave guys.

Thanks for the write-up. Like you, I found the OC a little smoother; in contrast, however, I found the JAWS a little more efficient. This was only my first impression—I definitely need more time with both.

@CJB3 Thank You, I also thought after my first shave with the Jaws it was more efficient but the side by side ended dead even for now, I will see how each side feels in the AM.

View attachment 1001256 View attachment 1001255 JAWS VS OC GAMECHANGER
Great review @Shavemd . Very good comparison between both jaws and the OC .84. I’m happy to hear both razors felt smooth. Thank you
Btw—What handles are you using for the Jaws and OC .84? I couldn’t tell from the picture

Top Bottom