What's new

Gamechanger .84: my worst shaves ever. Help me figure out why.

M

mtcn77

Now I am torn about this or the 68p... was going to sell the 84p...
Hold on, I thought you had made up your mind. I was going to convince you otherwise.

You can always go mild on an aggressive razor, but you cannot go steep on a mild one. The head exposure won't let it. It might matter down the neck if you want a truly irritation free shave.

Hold on, I thought you had made up your mind. I was going to convince you otherwise.

You can always go mild on an aggressive razor, but you cannot go steep on a mild one. The head exposure won't let it. It might matter down the neck if you want a truly irritation free shave.
I did.... Then was like well time for the last shave with the .84 before I clean her up, take photos and put in the original box etc... The it gives me an incredible shave!!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

The Gillette Tech is considered a mild razor. For my primary passes, I use a steep angle on my Gillette Techs with Feather, Kai, Personna (Israeli Platinum Red and Med Prep) and Wizamet Super Iridium blades. In certain areas, I will use a shallow angle for buffing as needed.

Just my opinion and YMMV. :cool:

M

mtcn77

The Gillette Tech is considered a mild razor. For my primary passes, I use a steep angle on my Gillette Techs with Feather, Kai, Personna (Israeli Platinum Red and Med Prep) and Wizamet Super Iridium blades. In certain areas, I will use a shallow angle for buffing as needed.
Some razors are more intuitive than ones like my Merkur 37C which has almost zero feedback. It is mild though not as mild as Yaqi Agamemnon at steep plane which has its own issues with missing some spots. I recon the Merkur cannot get steep while the Yaqi cannot buff properly. It is complicated.

Top Bottom