What's new

Gamechanger .68SB and .84SB compared to Rockwell 6S

I have been searching about this and haven't found any answer yet, maybe I haven't searched hard enough to find out but I decided to ask here because I see there is a lack of discussion about discussing the Razorock .68 Safety bar and .84 safety bar plates compared to the aggressiveness of the plates of Rockwell 6C/6S. or the KCG or a 34C.

I have a Rockwell 6C and I also have a KCG, I love both but KCG I find is a bit milder than I like. The point is, I wanna know the comparison from someone who has 6S/6C and Razorock GC with either one or both plates. how do they compare?

I apologize in advance if I sound like a noob, its because I am 😅

I've got the Rockwell 6c,34c,Gamechanger .68 and .84.Haven't used the Rockwell or 34c in over a year so this is only going off memory.I'd say the .68 is similar to the 34c and Rockwell on plate 3 and the .84 is similar to the Rockwell on plate 4.Not much difference in blade feel between .68 and .84 but the .84 is much more efficient.I find both the Gamechangers a smoother shave.The .84 is one of my favorite razors.As always YMMV.

I haven’t received my Rockwell yet but let me say this. The GC 84 is smooth as butter.

It’s not aggressive at all and I’d say it’s as comfortable as my DE89 or my Fatip gentile.

Don’t be afraid of the gap, with a neutral to slightly positive exposure the aggressiveness is quite low.

I do not own a Rockwell, but have a Razorock Game Changer .84P. The Game Changer is smooth, efficient and easy on the skin. It's probably my top razor. I also have the Game Changer .68P. It is a little on the mild side. I used it two times and immediately bought the .84P, which IMO provides a better shave, but still very smooth.

I have a Rockwell 6C, a Gillette KCG, and RR Game Changer .68-P and .84P.

I'd rate the KCG as plate 1 or 2 on the Rockwell.
The .68-P I'd say plate 3 or 4 on the Rockwell.
The .84-P I'd say plate 4 or 5 on the Rockwell.

The Game Changer would be my choice of the bunch and the .84-P over the .68-P. I'm planning to get a .68OC for the Game Changer one day.

I appreciate the responses and the help, I still can't decide whether I'd go for .68-P or .84-P cause I love the Rockwell plates 3-5 depending on the day and mood.

That said, I've been using R6C and the KCG for over a year now and am very comfortable with them, I might go for the .84 when I shell out the money.

Have a great day you all. Thanks.

I appreciate the responses and the help, I still can't decide whether I'd go for .68-P or .84-P cause I love the Rockwell plates 3-5 depending on the day and mood.

That said, I've been using R6C and the KCG for over a year now and am very comfortable with them, I might go for the .84 when I shell out the money.

Have a great day you all. Thanks.
Use the one you have. :) Most nice shaves come due to technique, not the razor.

Top Bottom