What's new

Gamechanger .68 open comb

I shaved with the .68 JAWS this morning. Normal prep, shower first, homemade preshave oil, MWF soap, VDH badger brush, fresh Astra SP, Nivea AFB for sensitive skin. It was a very good experience. The .68 JAWS was very smooth. ATG pass was great although I have found that to be true with all the GCs. Very comfortable, did 2 full passes with a third pass along my jaw line. No nics or weepers, no irritation. As for efficiency, well this is my first shave but I did not really notice any difference from my .84 JAWS, perhaps just a touch smoother. This was my first shave with the .68 JAWS but my initial impression is it is a keeper. I will use it for the next month or so daily (until my Yintal adjustable arrives from China). It is certainly not aggressive on my face. It felt like I was using a NEW LC. It never felt like it was going to bite. Next week I will try it with a Nacet. Thumbs up after one shave!

How would you say the .68 JAWS compares to the standard SB .84?

How would you say the .68 JAWS compares to the standard SB .84?

The .84 SB always felt good to me but caused irritation after 3-4 shaves. It often left my face feeling a bit raw. The .68 JAWS felt much better to me than the .84 SB but again, this was only the first shave. As far as efficiency, it is a close call. I don't have the .84 SB anymore so I can't do an actual comparison.

nopics.jpg

Thatsalotta blade! Would you say it’s closer to mild or aggressive?

It looks worse than it feels. I would say it feels similar to a New LC or maybe a Fatip Testina. I spent the last week using a Testina and the .68 JAWS did not feel any more aggressive. What stood out was how comfortable it was ATG. Again, only the first shave.

Looking forward to getting my OC plate in the next few days. Huge fan of the .84 OC. If it’s nearly as efficient but smoother? Hoo boy!

Thanks for that description bdehne. I bought the .68 JAWS too hoping to compliment my collection of Game Changers. The GC84 with straight bar also causes irritation after several shaves for me - I believe it's due to going over the same spots over and over hoping to smooth out stubble. The Mamba (either version) is the same for me. But open comb razors actually keep my skin clear and feeling good. I really like the .84 JAWS but use it only after a blade has been dulled down after two or three uses in another razor (often it's the SB GC). When I use the .84 JAWS with a new blade I must be more careful. I hope to use the .68 with new blades and swap them into the .84 as they dull down. This way I can go all week with an OC razor.

>>> I shaved with the .68 JAWS this morning. Normal prep, shower first, homemade preshave oil, MWF soap, VDH badger brush, fresh Astra SP, Nivea AFB for sensitive skin. It was a very good experience. The .68 JAWS was very smooth. ATG pass was great although I have found that to be true with all the GCs. Very comfortable, did 2 full passes with a third pass along my jaw line. No nics or weepers, no irritation. As for efficiency, well this is my first shave but I did not really notice any difference from my .84 JAWS, perhaps just a touch smoother. This was my first shave with the .68 JAWS but my initial impression is it is a keeper. I will use it for the next month or so daily (until my Yintal adjustable arrives from China). It is certainly not aggressive on my face. It felt like I was using a NEW LC. It never felt like it was going to bite. Next week I will try it with a Nacet. Thumbs up after one shave!

And of course....USPS rises to the occasion and did NOT deliver mine..... it says: departed the local distribution center today at 1:54am.... it's probably 50' ride to the local post office but.....nothing....unless they crashed and spilled all the mail..... amazing....

Holy moly! I’m on my bus ride home and just checked, and it says “Delivered”. I ordered my .68 JAWS on February 18. Can’t wait to try it.

For those of you experiencing irritation, I highly recommend trying one of the smoothest, forgiving blades on earth - the Derby Premium.

I know what you’re thinking - “Yeah, I tried Derby Extra and this guy’s crazy.” But I’m telling you that the Premium is a whole other experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom