What's new

Game Changer Open Comb 068

Has anyone else ordered the Game Changer OC 68? Why did you do it? I’m loving my Mamba70 but a GC 084 and an OC 068 base plate are in the mail. I’m hoping that they could be my trinity. I’m looking forward to doing the blade combinations, a lot of fun. Why did you get your OC 068?

Do you find yourself having to change your angle with the 68 as opposed to the 84?
I haven’t shaved with the 084 yet and it will have to wait awhile. My go to blade is a Voshkod but I’m shaking down some Feathers and Nacets to see how well they perfrom in my Mamba70. Would like to see if a sharper blade can improve efficiency of the Mamba70 while still maintaining comfort. Next month I’ll go at the 084 starting with the Voshkod. I expect it to be a little too aggressive for me. I thought that would be the case with 068 OC but I was most definitely wrong there. It is my new go to for now. I only shave twice a week so it takes awhile to get through blade match ups. The first use on the Feather was efficient in the Mamba but not as comfortable as the Voshkod. The angles on the Mamba 70 and the 068 seem very similar if not a lock, again I’ve only had one shave with the 068. I did find that the 68 OC did not like to move out of the sweet spot either way but it has a lot better feedback then the Mamba and is easily kept in the zone. The 68 is my first open comb and I might end up being an open comb dude, I just find the blade feedback so much better.

.84SB is too aggressive for me, and .68SB is too mild, so I ordered .68OC for a daily shave
Mr in-between that is where I feel my .68OC Will fall sandwiched between the Mamba70 and the .84SB. I haven’t tried my .84 yet but thinking it might be too aggressive. The .68OC is so much better then I thought it would be.

Woohoo! I just ordered a .68 JAWS base plate. When I went back to the Italian Barber site I only expected to see the .68 OC but when I saw the .68 JAWS it was a no brainer. I have the .84 OC and .84 JAWS base plates and there is just something about those great big teeth on the JAWS that thrills my inner shaver.

I just love my .84 SB and I am trying to get used to the .84 JAWS. My hope is that the .68 JAWS turns out to be my gateway to the world of open comb shaving.

@JoWolf: I plan to read your review after dinner.

Woohoo! I just ordered a .68 JAWS base plate. When I went back to the Italian Barber site I only expected to see the .68 OC but when I saw the .68 JAWS it was a no brainer. I have the .84 OC and .84 JAWS base plates and there is just something about those great big teeth on the JAWS that thrills my inner shaver.

I just love my .84 SB and I am trying to get used to the .84 JAWS. My hope is that the .68 JAWS turns out to be my gateway to the world of open comb shaving.

@JoWolf: I plan to read your review after dinner.
My first experience with OC was very positive and I can see me getting sucked down another rabbit hole. I was most impressed with blade feedback. Is there much of a difference between OC and Jaws?

I have the .68 OC on the way. The .84 SB gives me an excellent close & comfortable shave, but after 4-5 straight days of use I notice a little irritation on the neck. I'm hoping the .68 will give a little relief using it once or twice a week, then back to the .84.

I've had the solid bar 84 and 68 for a while. I nabbed a 68 OC plate and it is great. Efficient but can still be used every day. I think this might be the first modern OC I've ever liked. I do love the 84 SB but it makes my face a bit raw after three days of use. The 68 SB plate is a little too mild for my tastes.

Top Bottom