What's new

Game Changer cap modification for positive exposure

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a tame mid range Razorock .84 and what I recommend is just buy a few tucks of Kai SS extra wide blades YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.4 =12 X 12 size.jpg to see if this resolves your issues for a little more blade feel I have noticed using them in my RR GC.84. I use these blades a lot in other razors also and they are sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
They are a must for mild razors for fellows who love their razor but want a little boost in efficentcy. I have well over 100 shaves using the Kai SS extra wide and it just works well. They are pricy but they last a long time because of their heat treatment & metallurgical properties that are superior to some other blades. You will get a little boost in efficentcy and more blade feel (nothing dramatic) if that is what a person desires + it is superior than stack shimming a existing blade IMO.
(old archived photo's)

Kai SS VS Gillette Astra SP 2.jpg

You will get slightly more blade exposure using the Kai SS extra wide blade. Because the blade when clamped is arched you do not get the full 4/1000 of inch increase in blade exposure.
Safety_Razor_Parameters_around_Blade_Cutting_Edge (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

…I recommend is just buy a few tucks of Kai SS extra wide blades…

They are a must for mild razors for fellows who love their razor but want a little boost in efficentcy.
Did not know this!

Never really considered them before because of the price. This info gives me a reason to try them.

Are all Kai extra wides, or do they have different widths available?

Have you measured Tiger blades by any chance? They are my favorite and am wondering if width has anything to do with it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Did not know this!

Never really considered them before because of the price. This info gives me a reason to try them.

Are all Kai extra wides, or do they have different widths available?

Have you measured Tiger blades by any chance? They are my favorite and am wondering if width has anything to do with it.
I do not have any Tiger blades, there are not many extra wide blades Mfg in the world and I have scoured a lot of references to find them. People just do not usually measure blade widths thinking there all the same, there are small changes in width but no where near a Kai SS blade. Kai SS extra wide blades are the only blades that are still presently manufactured in the world I know of. Sputnik old type blades are similar in width to the Kai SS but the new Sputnik blades are manufactured to the Gillette standards for dimensions standards for width and tab width. The Kai tab width is also different.
Kai blades work in almost every DE razor made but do not so well in the Yaqi Sentinel, Wolf man W2 and LA-BBS1 & Personna BBS0 razors because of their way of 4 corner post alignment of a blade.
Have some great shaves!

Have some great shaves!
Thank you for the link, I missed it the first time around.

Top Bottom