What's new

Game changer .84

Seems to have amazing reviews....

Any of you having good shaves from the game changer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my everyday razor. I was using the Rockwell 2C on plate 3. I like the efficiency on the Gamechanger. I also like how easy I can get under my nose and the blade tabs are covered.

It is my everyday razor. I was using the Rockwell 2C on plate 3. I like the efficiency on the Gamechanger. I also like how easy I can get under my nose and the blade tabs are covered.

Sounds good. I don’t think you can beat the price.

I recently bought a GC68P with the BP handle and a GC84P with the HD handle. The HD handle is my favorite. This is my first experience with stainless.

Great performance and great value. I am totally loving the stainless and have to keep reminding myself that the shiny outside is not a thin layer of chromium :).

I love the shape of the head and how easy it is to shave around my nose and the crevasses in my neck.

It took me a little while to get the hang of loading/removing blades.

I can use the 68 with a sharp blade daily, but I am only able to use the 84 with a blade like an RPL on a daily basis. With two days of growth, I can use the 84 with a sharper blade. I am hoping that as my techniques gets even better I will be able to drive the 84 daily with a sharper blade.

If I am super critical, I would like the 68 to be a tad more efficient - I sometimes feel like I am working too hard get a DFS. In contrast, I consider my Karve SB B to be the gold standard of a mild razor. I realize that this is really subjective stuff and that YMMV.

For me, the GC has been a great introduction to the world of SS.

I recently bought a GC68P with the BP handle and a GC84P with the HD handle. The HD handle is my favorite. This is my first experience with stainless.

Great performance and great value. I am totally loving the stainless and have to keep reminding myself that the shiny outside is not a thin layer of chromium :).

I love the shape of the head and how easy it is to shave around my nose and the crevasses in my neck.

It took me a little while to get the hang of loading/removing blades.

I can use the 68 with a sharp blade daily, but I am only able to use the 84 with a blade like an RPL on a daily basis. With two days of growth, I can use the 84 with a sharper blade. I am hoping that as my techniques gets even better I will be able to drive the 84 daily with a sharper blade.

If I am super critical, I would like the 68 to be a tad more efficient - I sometimes feel like I am working too hard get a DFS. In contrast, I consider my Karve SB B to be the gold standard of a mild razor. I realize that this is really subjective stuff and that YMMV.

For me, the GC has been a great introduction to the world of SS.

Yeah there is a lot of reviews saying the head is nice to get around the nose and neck area.

I have the GC with the .68 but felt I needed a little more aggression, so I purchased the .84 plate. It came a week ago and wow...seems the perfect fit for me, love the blade feel and the smooth stainless glide...I have about 10 other razors, but this will probably become my everyday go to. Could not be more pleased...

I have both the .68 and the .84 and get really good shaves from both. The .84 is more efficient but I personally prefer the .68. I intend to make the .68 my daily driver. I would compare it to be almost equal to my Timeless SS .68SB. The GC is much lighter than the Timeless and easier to maneuve.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Why am I rolling on the floor laughing so hard??? Well, I did what I usually did here, I check every thread on a razor, let's call it the "Game Changer", and there are countless comments on how AMAZING it is....and not just one thread but multiples: the .68 is great, the .84P even better, OMG the .84P OC tops the safety bar version!!!!!!

And then I order one, and the threads start to cool down....where the final take away is now "meh -- I'm over it". My deepest apologies to everyone, I think I may have killed the Game Changer -- I owe RazoRock a REALLY big apology. :laugh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Why am I rolling on the floor laughing so hard??? Well, I did what I usually did here, I check every thread on a razor, let's call it the "Game Changer", and there are countless comments on how AMAZING it is....and not just one thread but multiples: the .68 is great, the .84P even better, OMG the .84P OC tops the safety bar version!!!!!!

And then I order one, and the threads start to cool down....where the final take away is now "meh -- I'm over it". My deepest apologies to everyone, I think I may have killed the Game Changer -- I owe RazoRock a REALLY big apology. :laugh:
Doubt that you alone killed the GC. I think everyone who desired one has now got it and and their RAD is off to something new. LOL!

Lol! I will say the entire Game Changer family are great razors! Jaws is probably my favorite but I enjoy the OC and the 68 as well. The 84 caused irritation after 3 or 4 days but that was probably driver error. In my opinion they really are "game changers". SS razor that will last multiple life times at very affordable price. I couldn't ask for more.

I received mine late last week and I’m now 4 shaves into it. Overall, I love it! I’ve used the .68 baseplate and get nice and comfortable shaves. I used the .84 baseplate for the first time today and the shave was fantastic! Super close and comfortable with two passes.

Would I buy it again if I had to do it all over? Absolutely!

LOL! Isn't that pretty much true of all new razors? The arc of trajectory to best DE ever down to meh.

I’ve been using mine for 3 weeks now and love it. It has replaced my Rockwell 6S. It particular I like the low profile head which allows me to trim my sideburns, mustache and goatee neatly as I can see the lines easily. Also I have sensitive skin and the .84 razor gives me a nice close shave with two passes eliminating the against the grain pass.

Last edited:
B

Barney14

I have the .68, it's very good, not perfect but I doubt the .84 will be suitable, I am done looking for the 'perfect' razor, the .68 is near enough.
I suppose there will always be a newer greater, smoother, closer, more aggressive razor made to tighter tolerances of ever more stainless, stainless steel.
For me it's over, I won't spend anymore money or time on razors.

Top Bottom