What's new

Game Changer .84-P The Last Razor

I just recently picked mine up again, with a Feather blade, and it was a wonderful shave! It cut so smoothly, so effortlessly, so amazing! I couldn’t believe how I had neglected it. NOW I know why it was given that name. Thanks to this forum, I will be trying a Kai blade next!

Should I buy one :c9: Just got R41 GS and give it a go tomorrow. Love my Tatara Nodachi OC and I clearly need something in a same ball park, and OC. Or would .84P be too mild?

Go for it. Given the .84's appeal to so many, I should think you'd be able to recoup the cost quite easily if it doesn't suit you.

I normally like mild razors so I fear the .84 will be too rough for me. I just ordered a .68 OC. I hope it is milder than a .84 SB but more efficient than the .68 SB. We'll see when it arrives in cold and dark Copenhagen :)

I normally like mild razors so I fear the .84 will be too rough for me. I just ordered a .68 OC. I hope it is milder than a .84 SB but more efficient than the .68 SB. We'll see when it arrives in cold and dark Copenhagen :)
Honestly even tho the number seems higher, the design of the Game Changer makes it so smooth, that the 84 is safe to use while being super efficient

I thought it was going to be too rough/harsh for my face. The guy at the shop over here told me to change my blades, which I did. It made a huge difference. With the right blade it is about as smooth as the .68P on my face. Weird, I know, but blades make a big difference. I had to go with a mild blade.

I'm also a big fan of the .84 sb. It glides so well and it's efficient enough to do the job effortlessly. It's my favorite auto-pilot DE razor and since i'm not at home and I didn't want to bring too many razors with me i've got only the GC and I have no regrets.

If Razorock can make a slightly more efficient version of it with either slightly bigger gap or blade exposure it would be the perfect razor for me.
How does it compare to the Rockwell or a Fatboy? I shave mainly with Feathers with plate 6 on the 6s, and setting 4 or 5 on the Fatboy.

Honestly even tho the number seems higher, the design of the Game Changer makes it so smooth, that the 84 is safe to use while being super efficient

It is interesting but true that Blade Gap is only part of the factor into a razor's aggressiveness; meaning that a large gap does not necessarily conclude an aggressive shave. For Example, between my commonly used Mühle's the R41GS has only a .27mm gap where the notably milder R89 sports a .76mm gap, while the Rockwell at R6 is .79mm

I thought it was going to be too rough/harsh for my face. The guy at the shop over here told me to change my blades, which I did. It made a huge difference. With the right blade it is about as smooth as the .68P on my face. Weird, I know, but blades make a big difference. I had to go with a mild blade.
What are your preferences in the GC .84 ?

How does it compare to the Rockwell or a Fatboy? I shave mainly with Feathers with plate 6 on the 6s, and setting 4 or 5 on the Fatboy.

I've bought a Fatboy recently and it will take a while before it arrives to try it, but I have a Slim and Super Adjustable and I doubt that the Fatboy is going to be very different. The Slim and the Super Adjustable are nice razors, but not the most efficient even on setting 9 and I think the GC .84 is a bit more efficient and very smooth.

I've had a Rockwell 6S for almost a year, but it was too mild for me even with Feather blades and I sold it. Back then I was either going to buy the GC .84p which just came out or the Rockwell 6S and I thought that since the 6S has 3 plates with 6 different settings, that it sounds like a better option, but for me at least it wasn't. I know a lot of people who love the Rockwell 6S and it's amongst the favorite of a lot of Youtubers, but I just didn't felt that way.

The GC works really good with Feathers and thanks to it's slim profile it very nimle and easy to shave under the nose. Everyone is different and I can't say for sure if you're going to like it more or less than your 6S, but I doubt that you're going to hate it and on top of that it's still one of the most affordable stainless steel razors on the market.

It is interesting but true that Blade Gap is only part of the factor into a razor's aggressiveness; meaning that a large gap does not necessarily conclude an aggressive shave. For Example, between my commonly used Mühle's the R41GS has only a .27mm gap where the notably milder R89 sports a .76mm gap, while the Rockwell at R6 is .79mm

What are your preferences in the GC .84 ?
I found that for my face I prefer the Voshkod in the GC .84p. The Feather is sharper and more efficient, but it is too harsh in the GC for me (love Feather in my other razors, though). The Voshkod fixed that issue.

I found that for my face I prefer the Voshkod in the GC .84p. The Feather is sharper and more efficient, but it is too harsh in the GC for me (love Feather in my other razors, though). The Voshkod fixed that issue
I’ll keep that one in mind when I begin my blade trial in the .84

Was planning on starting with the usual suspects: Nacet, Personna Reds, BIC Platinum.

I reserve Feathers for my ASD2, though it’s beautifully paired with the R89.

I’ll keep that one in mind when I begin my blade trial in the .84

Was planning on starting with the usual suspects: Nacet, Personna Reds, BIC Platinum.

I reserve Feathers for my ASD2, though it’s beautifully paired with the R89.
The guy at my wet shaving shop said "Mild razor, aggressive blade, aggressive razor, mild blade." The Voshkod are milder than the Nacet, Feather, and Astra blades. Worked perfectly.

A Nacet scraped me up quite a bit in my .84. Glad to be back with the 7 o'clock green super stainless. Perhaps someday I'll try the Nacet with the .68 plate.

A Nacet scraped me up quite a bit in my .84. Glad to be back with the 7 o'clock green super stainless. Perhaps someday I'll try the Nacet with the .68 plate.
I couldn’t get on with any 7 o’clock; greens or yellows. Same result as yours with the Nacet

For me almost any blade works great in my 0.84-P, in this case a Gillette 7 O'clock.

proxy.php

Out of my 3 DE razors (Muhle R89, Karve CB), this is the most efficient razor of them, while remaining as comfortable as ever. Not one I am likely to part with (but hey... you never know with this hobby ;-) )

I've bought a Fatboy recently and it will take a while before it arrives to try it, but I have a Slim and Super Adjustable and I doubt that the Fatboy is going to be very different. The Slim and the Super Adjustable are nice razors, but not the most efficient even on setting 9 and I think the GC .84 is a bit more efficient and very smooth.

I've had a Rockwell 6S for almost a year, but it was too mild for me even with Feather blades and I sold it. Back then I was either going to buy the GC .84p which just came out or the Rockwell 6S and I thought that since the 6S has 3 plates with 6 different settings, that it sounds like a better option, but for me at least it wasn't. I know a lot of people who love the Rockwell 6S and it's amongst the favorite of a lot of Youtubers, but I just didn't felt that way.

The GC works really good with Feathers and thanks to it's slim profile it very nimle and easy to shave under the nose. Everyone is different and I can't say for sure if you're going to like it more or less than your 6S, but I doubt that you're going to hate it and on top of that it's still one of the most affordable stainless steel razors on the market.
You will love the Fatboy. Its not the best shaver in my den but it sure does speak to me with the history of America and to a different time before me. Im 22 and i just love the history of it. Suprisingly one of my all time favorite razors is a Gillette Superspeed Flare Tip (TV special model i believe), it shaves efficent and smoothly. And better yet, it was 6 dollars! What an ebay find. Youll love the Fatboy and i hope the history and the beauty of materials speaks to you as it does me.

You will love the Fatboy. Its not the best shaver in my den but it sure does speak to me with the history of America and to a different time before me. Im 22 and i just love the history of it. Suprisingly one of my all time favorite razors is a Gillette Superspeed Flare Tip (TV special model i believe), it shaves efficent and smoothly. And better yet, it was 6 dollars! What an ebay find. Youll love the Fatboy and i hope the history and the beauty of materials speaks to you as it does me.

I've always wanted to have one in my collection even if it's not the best shaver, but the problem was that the prices are kinda high even though the Fatboy isn't even uncommon let alone rare. Thanks to a fellow member I managed to get one in very good condition for a very reasonable price and yesterday i've managed to find a case as well. I've also bought a Red Tip in very good condition and I can't wait to try those two razors.

The gamechanger 84 is an excellent razor and the best thing is that it's only $50. Very smooth with little blade feel and the only thing to beat it currently for me is my Timeless 95. Can't wait to get Wolfman but currently I am just rocking my 95 and 84 and no need for other razors at this time.

Top Bottom