What's new

Game Changer .84-P The Last Razor

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The Last Razor...hmmmm. When I found the RR Lupo...I thought that also...and...it's certainly good enough to stop looking. But there was one place I hadn't gone and always wanted to, Wolfman. So, I had to go there and I'm glad I did. Costly, but a bit better than the Lupo. If I compare the cost though, the Lupo wins hands down. However, if I'm looking for the best shave result, the Wolfman razors shave a little bit closer and have a similar comfort and ease level. Again...comparing cost...there is no doubt that RazoRock wins.

Game Changer .84-P. The last Razor...?? Hmmm...it could, but as a normal active member here in B&B...it's doubtful😆 since there's so much temptation. This razor is my number 2, Karve being number 1. I would love to get other plates like the JAWS or OC but doesn't seem to be possible due to shipping costs.

The.84-P is a great razor, would also love to get the Lupo but...hahaha, so it's my last RR razor for now.

The Game Changer .84 and Lupo .72 SB both suit me just fine. Fantastic razors, outstanding quality.
I could have stopped at the Game Changer .84, but curiosity got the better of me.
I will be trying the Tatara offerings now, but at this point I can't imagine anything better although I am sure there are several.

The only thing that I was not keen on was the default RazoRock handles (Bulldog, stainless steel) that made my Game Changers into "quarter pounders" like the Rockwell with default handle.

I got an 84mm aluminium handle off eBay (23g) which made the thin GC .68 head as agile as a vintage razor, total weight 52g.

starving sparrow.JPG

Last edited:
The only thing that I was not keen on was the default RazoRock handles (Bulldog, stainless steel) that made my Game Changers into "quarter pounders" like the Rockwell with default handle.

I got an 84mm aluminium handle off eBay (23g) which made the thin GC .68 head as agile as a vintage razor, total weight 52g.
That‘s a good call. I pair my GC84 and Lupo heads with a TiBam NewYork titanium handle and the resulting weight and balance is perfect.

Thursday 9th December, shave #343 of the year.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razors: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7, GC.84 SB, Astra SP #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Compared the safety bar Game Changers again. On my face, the .84 does a hyper-efficient first pass, but is a bit much for ATG and neck-shaving duties. The .68 is still a better (or at least a more relaxing) pick for daily shaves.

That‘s a good call. I pair my GC84 and Lupo heads with a TiBam NewYork titanium handle and the resulting weight and balance is perfect.

I like the sound of that one. I got a titanium version of my "Windrose" aluminium handle, and it looks great. Weighs more, but is the perfect complement to the Rockwell head.

Yeah the stock handles are to heavy been using my timeless Ti handle on the 68 and will on all of the RR makes it feel like a whole other razor to me when I did that

I was surprised by how much difference I could make to a razor's "personality", just by switching handle.

I wonder how many users put up with their "too heavy/not heavy enough/ too short/too long/too slippery/too knurly" defaults.

If you are not entirely pleased re handle weight, the following are done on a cheap kitchen scale, but might be useful to others. I think this only applies to M5X0.8 threads. Source is my text file:

Game Changer (head) with RR Bulldog Handle: 103g
Game Changer with Windrose RA3 Al handle: 52g (aka the 'Starving Sparrow')
Game Changer with Windrose RA3 Ti handle: 69g
6S with original handle: 118g
6S with Windrose RA3 Ti handle: 88g
6S with Windrose RA3 Al handle: 74g
RA3 Al alone: 23g
RA1 Al alone: 21g
RA3 Ti alone: 39g
Bulldog alone: 73g
Rockwell handle alone: 69g

Yeah the Ti handles are awesome want to get a tibam one for the looks :) OH NO I fell down can someone get me out of this hole please :) hahahahaha

Will be curious what the Ti handle from RR is like on the lupo ? Figure a few bucks more give it a try but the shape feel of the Timeless is so nice with that cut in shape I always forget the name :) hahahahaha

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Game changer is nice but I found I wanted something more aggressive even with the open comb it’s mild in my estimation.
I found that putting a Kai SS blade( extra wide blade) 4.5/1000 of a inch wider per side nicely bumped the blade feel up a notch and results where better also with the RR GC.84.Very enjoyable razor with a Kai SS blade installed,(having a tuck or 2 Kai blades are excellent for mild razors or a touch more blade feel). Kai SS are sharp & smooth with excellent longevity also.
If a person wants a little more aggression with a regular blade I would recommend the Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72, excellent clamping design and great mid range razor if results, quality and stainless steel are prime considerations for a razor IMO.
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom