What's new

Game Changer .84-P The Last Razor

Okay so I just got a package in the mail from Italian Barber. I open it up and find the Razorock BBS Standard with the HD handle, the Gamechanger 0.84-P, and the BBS A plate. Tonight I did my first shave with the GC 0.84-P with the Bulldog handle.
First Impressions: Beautiful machine work, and finishing. The knurling was very well done, much better than the Rockwell 6S, and was actually cut/tooled in properly. This is the first razor of that sort I have had the pleasure of owning. Both the HD and Bulldog handles were like this. The bulldog handle does not stand upright though, which was a bit of a disappointment, but not a big deal. The heads were machined very well, I saw a few tool marks on the edges that were posished off that gave the razor such good character.
Shaving: Boy was this thing smooth. I used a Feather with 1.5 shaves on it (a full 3 pass and a 1 pass to get me out the door hehe), and Stirling Margaritas in the Artic soap with a synthetic Razorock Plissoft that ive used for nearly every shave for the past 2.5 years or so, and Duke Cannon after shave. This razor required no buffing. I thought having a thin head was just a rave, but no, its amazing. Compared to a chunky head like a 6S or a Fatboy, this thing is amazing under the nose or the ears. I did a full 3 pass shave WTG, XTG, & ATG. I had little blade feel and was pretty lazy with stretching skin. On a stress pimple (finishing up my last semester of engineering school, starting my new job, finding a place to live, and getting married in the next 74 days does that to a guy), I got a small nick because it took the skin with it off the top of the pimple. But that was it for a relaxing, smooth, and efficient BBS shave.
Notes: Loading the blade is a bit funky, however this looks like its a canadate to be my new daily so im sure I will get it down pat. Great razor! Now I wanna try the BBS tomorrow hehe. Im sure I will eventually pick up the .68-p at some point but im worried it might seem too mild to me.

proxy.php

A little review of my 2 used razors this month of AUGUST
Razorock Game Changer 0.68 is smooth and forgiving. For daily shaving, it largely fulfills its function without irritation or redness. Associated with a very sharp blade like the Feather or the Wizamet it is intractable and with 2 passes (against the grain) I would compare it with my R6s from plate 4.
Razorock Game Changer GM0.84 is logically more efficient than that aside from its higher slot, but it's still surprisingly nice when paired with a supposedly soft blade like the Voskhod or Rapira Stainless. Associated with a Wizamet I had redness on the neck, slight but visible. It demands attention and I would compare it to my R6s on the 6 plate. Smooth, comfortable, close shave. Both plates provide a solid shave with just a little more blade feel on the .84 compared to the .68, while the latter is a bit smoother. I better understand its success, especially when you see its price.

Top Bottom