What's new

Game Changer .68

Did anyone find the .68 too mild and then try the .84? Would like to hear a comparison of the two.

I love the look and build quality and the radio handle but it seems too mild for me. I have been using my normal shark super chrome blades but will probably try a feather before giving up on the .68 and trying the .84. is there a big difference between the two? Did anyone else find .68 too mild but .84 just right?

Surprised the .68 was too mild because Rockwell plate 3 was aggressive for me and I preferred the 2 plate.

Neither are particularly aggressive and work as well as each other for me. I prefer more aggressive razors but once tuned into either of these razors they are a nice shave. I was expecting a bigger difference - more like the ASD2 to the Rocco, but because the geometry is so similar in other respects between the two GCs they aren't much different. YMMV.

I can feel the difference in the shave between the two plates, but both work for me. I love the shave I get out of the .84 and find it closer than the .68. No irritation at all.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Both the .68 and the .84-SB are wonderful, smooth razors. My personal preference leans toward the .68, which is more "Tech like".

Just my opinion and YMMV.

Got rid of my .68 plate, too mild. The .84 in SB or OC suits me perfectly, to the extent that I rarely use anything else. I can easily tell the difference between these and the .68.

The Jaws is a bit of a handful for me - maybe too aggressive. But the .84 in closed or standard open comb = perfection.

Got rid of my .68 plate, too mild. The .84 in SB or OC suits me perfectly, to the extent that I rarely use anything else. I can easily tell the difference between these and the .68.

The Jaws is a bit of a handful for me - maybe too aggressive. But the .84 in closed or standard open comb = perfection.

Looks like I will have to try the .84!

Did anyone find the .68 too mild and then try the .84? Would like to hear a comparison of the two.

I love the look and build quality and the radio handle but it seems too mild for me. I have been using my normal shark super chrome blades but will probably try a feather before giving up on the .68 and trying the .84. is there a big difference between the two? Did anyone else find .68 too mild but .84 just right?

Surprised the .68 was too mild because Rockwell plate 3 was aggressive for me and I preferred the 2 plate.

In Rockwell terms, I would say the .68 subjectively feels approximately like a Rockwell plate 2.5 - 3. The .84 SB / OC is somewhere in the Rockwell Plate 4.5 - 5.5 area. With the Jaws it's a hypothetical Plate 7. Only with the Jaws does it start to feel like a killing machine LOL With the other two plates the .84 is very middle of the road aggression wise. Imho.

For me the .68 wouldn't get close enough on three passes. The .84 would get me close on two but could only shave 4 days in a row with it before getting irritation. Have moved exclusively to the Schone and Occam's Safety Razor.

For me the .68 wouldn't get close enough on three passes. The .84 would get me close on two but could only shave 4 days in a row with it before getting irritation. Have moved exclusively to the Schone and Occam's Safety Razor.
I have a fatip in line to try and also the Occam's safety razor. I will see how they compare.

Cool, it's not a razor you hear a lot about so I didn't have super high expectations.
I suggest getting all three plates. And I will say that the first one I got was warped but they made it right by sending a replacement. They all shave pretty similarly but are all great.

Top Bottom