What's new

Game Changer .68

I tried today with a feather blade. Got a little closer and a smooth shave. Face felt slightly more irritated than with the shark blade.

I may try one more time but I will probably unload this razor.

I tried today with a feather blade. Got a little closer and a smooth shave. Face felt slightly more irritated than with the shark blade.

I may try one more time but I will probably unload this razor.

May I recommend a different blade? In the GC68, my very best blade is the Astra Stainless (not the SP). Very sharp but very smooth. Feather even sharper, but not as smooth IMO. Alternatively, Rapira Platinum Lux may work.

May I recommend a different blade? In the GC68, my very best blade is the Astra Stainless (not the SP). Very sharp but very smooth. Feather even sharper, but not as smooth IMO. Alternatively, Rapira Platinum Lux may work.
Yeah I never found the feather that smooth. I think I am going to move on and try some other razors I have lined up though. I only shave about 2 times a week so it takes me a long time to try different blades, etc. Lol.

++ for the GC68 with the [under appreciated] Astra Super Stainless - great combo!

Thank you Mozartman for clarifying my post. You're correct, I find the .86 a little too aggressive for me, especially around the mouth. It's possibly psychological as I am not as affected by the R41. It's a strange business.

I've owned both the GC .84 and the GC .68. I started with the .84 and found it was a fantastic, effective shaver when I had several days growth. The problems came when I would shave with it on consecutive days. By the 3rd and 4th day I was getting a lot of discomfort and irritation. It was a bit too aggressive. I wasn't interested in a razor where I would need recovery days in between uses. Fortunately I was able to swap my .84 plate for another forum member's .68 plate. The GC .68 is perfect for me. I can use it daily for effective, irritation-free shaves. Overall, I didn't find the resulting shaves to be different between the two. After 2-3 passes with touch-ups, the shaves were the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom