What's new

Gada Shave Cream

New cream today - Gada Cool Mint. CAN$3.29 for a 65g tube at the local Middle Eastern grocery chain (Adonis). If you fly regularly, the smaller size makes it carry-on friendly.

As soon as I pierced the foil I smelled mint. Not a very natural smelling mint, but still a very nice scent. Mid strength - stronger than LEA Mentolato, and maybe on par with Italian Palmolive Menthol (although it’s been so long since I had a tube that I can’t be sure).

A little bit of cream, a dollop on my index finger, was more than enough for 4 passes. It’s a nice thick creamy lather that builds easily and can take a lot of water. More than enough slickness for straight shaving.

The menthol hit is not extreme, but it’s noticeable and slowly builds with each pass. Perfect for every day for a Menthol lover like me.

So far, this is probably my favorite Menthol cream in a tube.

New cream today - Gada Cool Mint. CAN$3.29 for a 65g tube at the local Middle Eastern grocery chain (Adonis). If you fly regularly, the smaller size makes it carry-on friendly.

As soon as I pierced the foil I smelled mint. Not a very natural smelling mint, but still a very nice scent. Mid strength - stronger than LEA Mentolato, and maybe on par with Italian Palmolive Menthol (although it’s been so long since I had a tube that I can’t be sure).

A little bit of cream, a dollop on my index finger, was more than enough for 4 passes. It’s a nice thick creamy lather that builds easily and can take a lot of water. More than enough slickness for straight shaving.

The menthol hit is not extreme, but it’s noticeable and slowly builds with each pass. Perfect for every day for a Menthol lover like me.

It is great stuff. I'm planning a trip to Montreal to visit friends either this winter or next spring. I'll be sure to pick some up if my plans work out.

It is great stuff. I'm planning a trip to Montreal to visit friends either this winter or next spring. I'll be sure to pick some up if my plans work out.
The Adonis grocery store chain has stores all across the island and also Laval, so you won’t have to go far.

Have you ever tried the Ocean scent? What does it smell like and how’s the scent strength? How about the original? If they have mid-strength (not weak) scents and are not the generic soapy scent (like Arko Cool cream) I’ll probably get some.

The Adonis grocery store chain has stores all across the island and also Laval, so you won’t have to go far.

Have you ever tried the Ocean scent? What does it smell like and how’s the scent strength? How about the original? If they have mid-strength (not weak) scents and are not the generic soapy scent (like Arko Cool cream) I’ll probably get some.
I haven't tried that one. I like the Original though. I have a friend in Montreal who offered to send me some more Gada tubes, including the Ocean scent. However, if I get to go visit; he won't have to trouble himself with sending me anything! And I get to visit a new place I've never been to before.

Gada Cool Mint is a Lebanese diamond. It’s probably the best of all the three variants.

Rick

I haven't tried that one. I like the Original though. I have a friend in Montreal who offered to send me some more Gada tubes, including the Ocean scent. However, if I get to go visit; he won't have to trouble himself with sending me anything! And I get to visit a new place I've never been to before.

I know your friend - he’s a prince of a man and you should see his wife. She’s a super hottie!

Rick

I know your friend - he’s a prince of a man and you should see his wife. She’s a super hottie!

Rick
They are such great people. I can have a conversation with him about anything, that's how easy going he is. He sent me a lot of stuff over the years and always wants to send me more stuff too. His generosity knows no bounds.

They are such great people. I can have a conversation with him about anything, that's how easy going he is. He sent me a lot of stuff over the years and always wants to send me more stuff too. His generosity knows no bounds.

I agree. He and I go back a long time and our wives are also best friends. Before he retired several years ago he made it big in business. He’s also a super polyglot, an awesome golfer, and a martial arts master who’s very humble. He also loaded me up with shaving stuff!

Rick

Top Bottom