What's new

Gabriella Blades

I picked up a tuck of Gabriella blades at a local market today.
Looking to do a blade exchange soon. I wanted to see if I could find additional blades to trade. These aren’t listed on the exchange thread.
I googled them. NOT A SINGLE hit. That must be telling. Anybody know anything about them?
Wrapper is black with picture of a blade, Gabriella Super Quality printed on blade. Red triangle in corner with NEW St 302. Backside of wrapper Konex Corp, Made in China.

New to me!

The question is, ‘Are these repackaged ‘store‘ brand blades (most likely) or a different manufacturer?’

Never heard of them. Probably for the best, I'd just be tempted to buy some. Have way too many as it is :glare: I know, I know--no such thing as 'too many' 'round these parts.

From digging around the net it seems these may be a Dorco blade aimed at the Latino market.
Purchased at Latino grocery( forgot to buy limes😳☹️), in Dorco thread they are talking about ST 300-301. These say ST 302 NEW.
As my wife likes to say- “just saying.”
I’ll try one, see how it shaves.

From digging around the net it seems these may be a Dorco blade aimed at the Latino market.
Purchased at Latino grocery( forgot to buy limes😳☹), in Dorco thread they are talking about ST 300-301. These say ST 302 NEW.
As my wife likes to say- “just saying.”
I’ll try one, see how it shaves.

Makes sense! Let us know how they perform (PLEASE)!

So, I tried a Gabriella.
I used my regular routine- shower, use hottest water on may face that I can handle, apply “home made” AoS unscented preshave oil, lather with ToBS Jermyn St.cream.
My razor I used, as for the last six years,is a Gillette pre-war Tech.
The Gabriella blades are wrapped in a paper wrapper, 50#?, and a waxed paper inner liner.
I did one side of my face. When I started wet shaving again in 2015 I tried 20+ blades. This one, the Gabriella, was the worst of all of them. It irritated, seemed to have a hard time cutting MY beard, was very uncomfortable.
I switched to an older Polsilver and had a good shave.
As always ymmv. I will donate the remaining four blades to the exchange for anyone wishing to try them.

I hope to get blade exchange done quickly.
Then I invite others to try them. Hope they work better for others, probably will. If not, I pity those who purchase them at the store.

Top Bottom