What's new

G-Shock

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Apologies to lovers of the G-Shock.
Has Casio ever made a G-Shock that wasn't on the extreme far side of butt UGLY?
I like the idea of a nearly indestructible watch, and know that form follows function here, but...
I've looked at hundreds of them, and have yet to find one that appeals to me.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Here's my latest, Gshock. It's a GA2100 stealth. They come in different flavors. Slimmest Gs they've ever had. Much more stylish in my opinion. At 99 bucks, it's a good deal! I believe the just released a similar line that is also slim but more colorful.
16235973939584059053825484991037.jpg

captp

Here's my latest, Gshock. It's a GA2100 stealth. They come in different flavors. Slimmest Gs they've ever had. Much more stylish in my opinion. At 99 bucks, it's a good deal! I believe the just released a similar line that is also slim but more colorful. View attachment 1281076
As Gshocks go, that's not as bugly (butt ugly) as so many of them, I could probably live with that one. It doesn't come even close to the ugliest Omega I've ever seen (can't remember which model, it's just too painful).

captp

Here's my latest, Gshock. It's a GA2100 stealth. They come in different flavors. Slimmest Gs they've ever had. Much more stylish in my opinion. At 99 bucks, it's a good deal! I believe the just released a similar line that is also slim but more colorful. View attachment 1281076
Curse you, Adam. You just had to show me a G-hock that wasn't too butt ugly for me to wear. Just ordered one.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Curse you, Adam. You just had to show me a G-hock that wasn't too butt ugly for me to wear. Just ordered one.
I wouldn't want Chuck Norris calling anybody a piker if they didn't get one!
Which one did you get, Georg? Or are you going for the big reveal?

captp

I wouldn't want Chuck Norris calling anybody a piker if they didn't get one!
Which one did you get, Georg? Or are you going for the big reveal?
As far as I can tell, it's the same one you showed. Basic black. It looks like I need to set aside a week or two to read the manual.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I own 5 atomic/solar G-Shock watches. This is my favorite. The only change I have made is I put an orange band on it. I used a photo off the internet because a couple of years ago my father (83 now) saw it, asked to see it (inspect), and he’s been wearing it ever since.
37B1DFD5-45E9-4673-9722-B6EBA6CF1B5D.jpeg

I have always thought it to be a beautiful watch and not a bugly One.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I just ordered my first one. The aesthetics don't "sing to me", but they don't repulse me either...sort of harkens back to the date I had for my first dance. Mine is the GWM5610. I put out an ask for a watch tough enough to handle fire, rescue and medical calls. I recently made entry into a burning build, and my Vostok Amphibia did itself (and me) proud; but I still think a G-Shock feels like the better choice for those activities.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I only have the one. Not what I would consider an item of beauty, but it's good enough for me. As someone with a chronic balance disorder, I appreciate having a watch that can survive being smacked against a wall.

IMG_20210621_102848.jpg

captp

I only have the one. Not what I would consider an item of beauty, but it's good enough for me. As someone with a chronic balance disorder, I appreciate having a watch that can survive being smacked against a wall.

View attachment 1284844
While not beautiful in the classic sense, it is a rather good looking watch, especially for a G-Shock
If I like the one I ordered, I may have to go for that one for a little variety.
What model is that? You can save me a couple hours searching

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
While not beautiful in the classic sense, it is a rather good looking watch, especially for a G-Shock
If I like the one I ordered, I may have to go for that one for a little variety.
What model is that? You can save me a couple hours searching

Cheers. I'm not sure which number I should be reading to you... there's 5230 in a box, followed by AWG-M100. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom