What's new

G&F Timor 1353

So...I'm new to wet shaving but i got most things under control, but the one thing i can't get is a review of my own safety razor. My vendor was all out of Mercur 42c but told me that this G&F Timor 1353 was almost the same price and overall build. The Timor was a bit heavier tha the Mercur but it's quite nice. My only problem is that i can't find other's on youtube, mostly, or forums that use this razor. Do you guys know anyone?

Welcome aboard!

Wish I could help answer you question, but I have no experience with this razor.

I have the open comb version 1353K

BB7AE7F7-A642-4792-8B6B-6C80599590F9.jpeg

Shaves fine, but what I really like is the stainless steel handle, which I regularly use with other heads. I am not a big fan of that Merkur hexagonal handle, so I think you got a good deal there.

Oddly, I have an unused Merkur closed comb head just sitting in my den. If you are in the US, I’d be happy to just mail it to you. Then you would have each head to try out and could post a review of the differences from your perspective.

I actually ordered my G&F 1353K from Germany after not finding one in the US.

I have an unused Merkur closed comb head just sitting in my den. If you are in the US, I’d be happy to just mail it to you. Then you would have each head to try out and could post a review of the differences from your perspective.

Nice offer! :a14::a14::a14:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, I have heard of the Timor but I know nothing of it. Sorry I can't help you any further.

Nice offer! :a14::a14::a14:
thnx for the offer but im not in the US. Also im new to the wetshaving scene and i probably wouldn't detect many differences between the two heads. But it's nice knowing other people know the brand and use the razor i use!

thnx for the offer but im not in the US. Also im new to the wetshaving scene and i probably wouldn't detect many differences between the two heads. But it's nice knowing other people know the brand and use the razor i use!

You have a fine razor, and in my opinion, a really good handle. Starting out it I think you will do best to stick to one razor and really learn it. Changing up soaps, creams, blades, etc is less of an interruption to the learning process. Enjoy!

You have a fine razor, and in my opinion, a really good handle. Starting out it I think you will do best to stick to one razor and really learn it. Changing up soaps, creams, blades, etc is less of an interruption to the learning process. Enjoy!
Of course i will stick to one razor, learning to control the angle and not cut myself is a lot more useful than just trying to look good in the mirror while I'm shaving. Said that... a nice Rockwell Model T or a Timor (staying in the same family) 1391 seem like a great addition in my future collection. ;)

Of course i will stick to one razor, learning to control the angle and not cut myself is a lot more useful than just trying to look good in the mirror while I'm shaving. Said that... a nice Rockwell Model T or a Timor (staying in the same family) 1391 seem like a great addition in my future collection. ;)

You are perfect for B&B!! :a14::a14::a14:

Top Bottom