• Plated all brass

• New design with aggressiveness between R89 and R41

• Twist to open (TTO)

• Slant

• Open tooth or tooth-comb

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
$M++hle 28 (3x).jpg

No, this is not Muhle's next razor release, but a detail photo of their advance engraving (not stamping) process

There is always talk and speculation about what the next razor might be. This is your chance to weigh in with your opinion. What is on your "wish lists"? What type of razor would you like to see?

This is a multiple choice poll. You may select more than one item. Share your opinions with us if you'd like.

(Multiple choice poll. You can go back again to select more within a few minutes.)

Last edited:
I chose the first 2 options. For obvious reasons, no more Zamak for me.

The only razor I would buy from Muhle, they're not gonna make it again so ... I think I'm done buying Muhle razors.

In case anyone has doubts I am talking about the 2011 R41. As far as I know it wasn't broken, so it didn't need to be "fixed" ...
If they make something out of brass or SS, as long as it is an OC I will be interested though ...

Last edited:
I chose the first 2 options. For obvious reasons, no more Zamak for me.

The only razor I would buy from Muhle, they're not gonna make it again so ... I think I'm done buying Muhle razors.

In case anyone has doubts I am talking about the 2011 R41. As far as I know it wasn't broken, so it didn't need to be "fixed" ...
If they make something out of brass or SS, as long as it is an OC I will be interested though ...

I wholeheartedly agree.

Edit: Another fantasy--I would really like to see an open-comb super slant (like the all-metal Fasans) executed in brass.

Last edited:
I would like to see a brass TTO adjustable without the over-engineering and accompanying problems of the Merkur Vision 2000. If Gillette could do it decades ago, I'm certain that Muhle could do it today. I would ask for it in stainless steel, but that would likely make it too cost prohibitive without adding much real longevity.

Heck, while I'm wishing, let's add some DLC coating.:001_smile

I would like to see a brass TTO adjustable without the over-engineering and accompanying problems of the Merkur Vision 2000. If Gillette could do it decades ago, I'm certain that Muhle could do it today. I would ask for it in stainless steel, but that would likely make it too cost prohibitive without adding much real longevity.

Heck, while I'm wishing, let's add some DLC coating.:001_smile
Very nice.. Great wish list. Certainly in the spirit of the post. That would be a great razor indeed! I'd love to see what they can do with that! Let's hope they're watching...

I would love to see either a plated brass or a stainless model. I really like the R89 head, I just wish it were made of something more substantial!

My experience with Muhle quality has been great! I would like to see either a stainless or plated all brass, R89, with the open comb/safety bar, design of an iKON, OSS. A mild slant would also be cool.

Ron

My experience with Muhle quality has been great! I would like to see either a stainless or plated all brass, R89, with the open comb/safety bar, design of an iKON, OSS. A mild slant would also be cool.

Ron
I have a feeling we'll be seeing something new for the upcoming holiday season. I just don't know what. The top six items are the ones I see most often on the boards. Although I have a particular favorite, I'd br happy with any of them.

Last edited:
The problem with a something entirely new (or bringing back something old and loved like a Gillette Fat Boy or Slim), is that it is a big risk for a relatively small company like Muhle, particularly the material and tooling costs for something like a TTO adjustable or a SS model, and the economies of scale necessary for it to be reasonably priced.

Nevertheless, they are a technology and market leader in the realm of synthetic fiber brushes, so why not something different with razors?

The problem with a something entirely new (or bringing back something old and loved like a Gillette Fat Boy or Slim), is that it is a big risk for a relatively small company like Muhle, particularly the material and tooling costs for something like a TTO adjustable or a SS model, and the economies of scale necessary for it to be reasonably priced.

Nevertheless, they are a technology and market leader in the realm of synthetic fiber brushes, so why not something different with razors?
I'm hoping they have the resources to do something big and bold. In the years since the R41 2011, they have grown steadily. Their end-of-year revenues grew by 10%, 22% and 56% by their own public disclosures. They built a new storage/shipping facility and are now opening retail outlets in Germany and New York City. Their employees have grown from 37 to 43 if I remember correctly. Hopefully, they are in a position to invest in new razors and other projects. The original R89 and F41 were remarkable achievements. Their design and manufacturing capabilities rival that of Apple, but in the low-tech fashion. :wink2:

Last edited:
I'm hoping they have the resources to do something big and bold. In the years since the R41 2011, they have grown steadily. Their end-of-year revenues grew by 10%, 22% and 56% by their own public disclosures. They built a new storage/shipping facility and are now opening retail outlets in Germany and New York City. Their employees have grown from 37 to 43 if I remember correctly. Hopefully, they are in a position to invest in new razors and other projects. The original R89 and F41 were remarkable achievements. Their design and manufacturing capabilities rival that of Apple, but in the low-tech fashion. :wink2:

Where did you hear they were opening retail outlets in NYC?

Last edited:
I saw this last night and wasn't able to vote on Tapatalk.

Probably the most difficult poll I've seen in recent B&B memory. I voted slant but OC would be a close 2nd. Only because the R89 is an excellent Safety Bar and the R41s, IMO, are the best OCs (in terms of effectiveness) that I would like to see them push their own boundaries and go for a slant.

Also, because when compared to other razors, slants are pretty rare.

I voted plated brass as the only choice.

In fact I voted for a new production line using brass as material. I think the time may now be ripe for a growing company with the lust for renewal Mühle obviously has. I am thinking about the razors as well as the brushes.

My hope is that Mühle (or indeed anybody) would start using brass again instead of the Zamak shortcut! It is a big step production wise but I hope it can be done!

...They built a new storage/shipping facility and are now opening retail outlets in Germany and New York City...:wink2:
I'm sorry, I misspoke as the politicians would say. The new outlets are at their factory and in Berlin. I remember seeing reference to a sales outlet on Park or Madison Avenues, but it is (1) not theirs and (2) only sells their sister brands (Baxter and EJ). Wrong on two counts at least. For those interested, it's Truman's in Manhattan.

Polls can skew results. Like "Die by fire or Die by ice." is missing "Neither of the above.".. this poll is missing two important entries:

• Stainless Steel R41 2011
  • Plated Brass R41 2011

Can we have another go with those included?

Top Bottom