What's new

Futur vs Vision

Dear All,

I'm planning a purchase, and after reading many posts and product descriptions I still can't figure out the significant differences between the Merkur Futur and Vision, in terms of shaving performance. People seem to have different opinions based on their personal experience and taste, but are there any scientific reasons for spending twice as much money on a Vision, compared to a Futur?

Regards,
Alex

Etalex said:
Dear All,

I'm planning a purchase, and after reading many posts and product descriptions I still can't figure out the significant differences between the Merkur Futur and Vision, in terms of shaving performance. People seem to have different opinions based on their personal experience and taste, but are there any scientific reasons for spending twice as much money on a Vision, compared to a Futur?
Regards,
Alex

Yes. It makes our wallet twice as light! :lol:

I haven't found a reason to buy either. I'm happy with my Progress, Slant and HD Classic.

Randy

The Futur is my favorite razor. I had a Vision for a while and ended up selling it. I found that it was almost impossible to get the huge head under my schnozzola, and I found that it was so heavy that it was constantly nicking me if my form wasn't perfect.

Nothing will match the degree to which you can open the Vision up, but for me the Futur provides the closeness I crave without the danger factor of the Vision. Plus at a fraction the cost, it feels better on the wallet.

Welcome to B&B Alex! Well you certainly have chosen an easy to answer question haven't you?:001_smile
I have both the Vision and the Futur, amongst others. Now which would I recommend?
A great deal depends upon your facial topography, i.e clearance between your nose and upper lip, form of your ear shell, etc. Another nontrivial discriminant depends on your wallet's lining..:001_rolle
Last, but not least is, do you have your mind made up to get that SUPER NEAT Vision with the nifty clamshell doors?

Personally, (and by the way, personal desire is what drives this particular decision), I would recommend BOTH! That way you really need not make up your mind, but once a week when you decide which to use!:thumbup:

I have both and I love them. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have a proglem with the Vision head under the nose area.

Hi guys,

Judging by the replies, it seems that there are actually no significant differences in performance between the two razors. If after using both razors, preference is in most cases only a matter of taste, then there is no question that I will go for the cheaper option. Only a bad case of vanity would make you pay twice as much for the same functionality.

Regards,
Alex

Etalex said:
If after using both razors, preference is in most cases only a matter of taste, then there is no question that I will go for the cheaper option. Only a bad case of vanity would make you pay twice as much for the same functionality.

Alex,

Some would define our whole existence on this board as nothing more than a bad case of vanity (or a good case of vanity -- See Kyle's thread on Making the move from "guy" to "gentleman" )
:cool: :wink:

Top Bottom