What's new

Futur vs 39C

A quick question. I prefer long handled/hefty DEs. I have been using the Futur set on 6 getting good results. In the past the Slant has been a razor that I have had inconsistent results with, one of my problems I think was with the short handle(37C). I was interested in the recent postings on comparisons between the 39c and the Futur. I want to experience the results that everybody raves about with the Slant, Does the barber pole make a big difference with this razor when compared with the short handled version? Or should I just stick with the Razor I know, the Futur? I think with short handle razors I don't get the same angle on my neck as I do with the longer handled cousins, and therefore have had issues with sensitivity/razor burn etc. Is this something that others have had issues with? Or am I just looking for an excuse to buy yet another razor?:thumbup:

I recently picked up a 39c and whilst shaving with it I found it most similar to my Futur.
(I also have a Progress, HD, Fatboy, Slim and Superspeeds).
If you like the weight and an aggressive razor it'll fit the bill.

Personally I prefer my Fatboy or Progress to either the Futur or 39c
and find I really only reach for the Futur or 39c if I have more than one
day's stubble to remove.

Don't rule out the short handled razors would be my advice.

Robinoz,
I have both. They both deliver a very good close shave. The difference between them is that after a week or so of use, the 39C begins to irritate my neck and around my lips.
The Futur consistantly gives me a close comfortable shave with no irritation.
Plus, the Futur is adjustable so you can dial it in for different blades, also the Futur give you excellent audible feedback which will help you to keep the shaving angle consistant.
+1 for the Futur.
Mike

robinoz,
i have both. They both deliver a very good close shave. The difference between them is that after a week or so of use, the 39c begins to irritate my neck and around my lips.
The futur consistantly gives me a close comfortable shave with no irritation.
Plus, the futur is adjustable so you can dial it in for different blades, also the futur give you excellent audible feedback which will help you to keep the shaving angle consistant.
+1 for the futur.
Mike

+2

My Merkur safety razors are a back-up to my normal straight razor shave when time is pressing. I alternate between a Futur and Gold Slant(short handle). Both Merkurs give very close and comfortable shaves. I set the Futur to 3 and feel it is smoother than the Slant. My experience is that the short handled Slant is easier at XTG passes especially on the neck.

Top Bottom