What's new

Futur owners can you help?

Hi.

I have just bought a Futur about a week ago and to be honest i am not over impressed from my HD.

It seems the 2 thin retaining bars that hold the top of the head in place are not aligned evenly, ie, one is higher than the other.

I wondered, although it keeps the top in place ok, if it contributes to the lack of consistency.

would anyone be kind enough to post a picture of their retaining bars inside the razor to compare?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Hi.

I have just bought a Futur about a week ago and to be honest i am not over impressed from my HD.

It seems the 2 thin retaining bars that hold the top of the head in place are not aligned evenly, ie, one is higher than the other.

I wondered, although it keeps the top in place ok, if it contributes to the lack of consistency.

would anyone be kind enough to post a picture of their retaining bars inside the razor to compare?

Thanks in advance

Pete
You are talking about the wires where the posts snap in, is that correct?

I think if the top feels solid when in place, then you don't have a problem.

The Futur does take some getting used to - and it will never feel the same as your HD. Don't sell or trade it until you have more experience with it - a lot of people don't like it at first, and then love it later.

I think the important part is to make sure the gap between the razor blade and the top and bottom of the head are consistent. If those are off, then you might have a problem. If everything outside lines up, though, it should be fine.

Also, like the previous poster said, give the Futur some time. It's different, for sure, but quite a good razor in an experienced hand.

Top view:
proxy.php

One side:
proxy.php

Other side:
proxy.php

Hope this helps!

Its funny, I just made a post, asking about those wires being durable, or not. I figure a new futur should last at least 6 years, just like a car. If you baby it, then 10 years. Nothing like a good old gillette, or an old chevy. I am not sure if I like all that hardware. It reminds me of fishing, the less Hardware the better, for me. If I buy a futur, I will just drive it to the ground, and not think about it. I dont like the looks of those wires. I am so use to good old 3 piece razors, that really looks foreign. Anyone, can they be adjusted? thanks.

I have a feeling the wires will last awhile, there is very little movement when you clip the top back on and they are basically in a non-stress state when the top is on.
I started with the HD then got the futur and fell in love... It is a very forgiving razor once you get used to its size. I've been shaving with it daily for about 2 weeks with really good results (since day 2). All that being said, I will probably rotate back to the HD for a week or 2 starting saturday.

Top Bottom