What's new

Futur clone Ming Shi 2000S

I wonder how they do the personalization. I'd be leery about engraving a plated zinc alloy razor.

I suppose the characters are painted on with the same sort of ink-jet used to paint the numerals. None the less, this is a completely valid concern. I recently purchased a boar knot from eBay, Chinese vender. When I opened the packet the room was filled with the stench of industrial strength bug spray. I binned the knot.

I don't have any worries about this product, but it is something to be leery about when making over-seas purchases.

How do you do to safely remove the blade from the head? For me it gets stuck in the head. Only way I've found is to simply grab the blade from below, very very gentle and careful though. It gives me hiccups though to grab a razor blade with my fingers, one day I'll be to tired to think clear and I'll cut my fingers.
Any suggestions how to remove it?

@Pippirull I've had the blade get stuck in the head as well. I don't have a great solution, but I try to move the blade around by touching the slot in the blade with my index finger. Then I turn the head of the razor over and gently tap it on the counter.

Maybe others will have better methods.

I haven't had such issue with mine, but perhaps tweezers could help?

Alternatively, nudging it with a nail using the inside groove of the blade could help.

I've had that problem aswell. Some times simply popping the head back on the razor helps and otherwise just trying to slide it around a bit while touching the side of the blade or the middle cuts work, it can pop a bit when it springs out though.

Don't think it's about wax but rather the "spikes" in the razor going into the head getting thinner closer to the head thus keeping it in place.

Received mine today ('course you KNOW I had to get one). Bought it from a Chinese ebay seller. 13 days from "Buy now" to mail box, which is not too shabby (I'm east coast US).

No finish flaws at all. It doesn't zero exactly on "1", but somewhat to the left of it. Overall for the price it feels solid. I'll be trying it out this week end.

Received mine today ('course you KNOW I had to get one)It doesn't zero exactly on "1", but somewhat to the left of it.

Mine is exactly the same way with the orientation to the left of 1, just received it yesterday from aliexpress and had my first shave with it today. First of all I would recommend all of you clean these razors well when you receive them, I noticed an unmistakable amount of machine oil and grease when I took the cap off.
Otherwise this is a fantastic razor, better in every way than my maggards V3A with stainless steel handle. I literally can't believe how good of a shave this razor gives especially when I factor how little I paid for this.

How long do you reckon a Ming Shi 2000s can last a user that shaves on average 3 times a week? Im also curious what razor head you guys have been using works best with this razor. Its performing like a champ with the Astra blade I used on my first shave.

Last edited:
Just a tip, for the member or two that mentioned the blade exposure or aggressiveness was different side to side. If that happens, you didn't get the blade loaded quite right. I've had it happen with a Personna. The blade may not sit all the way down on the pin, below the indent for the retention spring bars. - Oddly I think it was ONLY the Personna blades that had that issue. The Feathers dropped right in and had to be lightly pulled off the cap for removal, the Personna fell out when popping off the cap. (The spacing or the hole for the pins varies a bit with some blade manufacturers. - I notice some blades align better in my Rockwell also).

Easy way to prevent the issue is to push the blade on the cap, push the sides down onto the pin, then snap the handle down on the cap, with the top of the cap on the sink or counter. If you put the blade on the handle and snap the cap on, there's a slight chance the blade will not sit quite right and one side will feel like there isn't a blade and the other feel you're wide open. I've seen the same thing happen on a Futur a friend had some time back, so it must be a feature copied by the 2000s clone in the design.
@cyberdog it would be really great if you
Could maķe a Video with yoù installing a
Blade the way you describe in the above
Post , or at least a few good photos,do you
Think you might be up for the task...

^^^ Thats totally how your spose to put the blade in.

Somethings to note - My old Futur used to get the blade stuck also, and it never clicked when adjusting.

Making me believe its even more like the futur than just looks :)

I received mine this week after its trip on a slow boat from China and found no flaws with it. I decided to try it out for yesterday morning's shave.

I went from one extreme to the other. First pass was on "1" and second pass was on "4." I was impressed. It gave a good shave and I liked the sound. The thing sings more than an old Ever-Ready but I consider that a good thing.

I have no regrets about buying it. It will be added to my collection and will be used again in the futur.............

FWIW I used a Gillette Silver Blue blade.

looked the mail box and look at what I found. Took it in to the house and shaved immediately. Must say I'm very happy with this. No flaws, no nicks, no weepers just a good clean and close shave. I would definitely recommend this to other's. For under $10 shipped you can't really beat it. She has earned her place in the shaving cabinet.
IMG_20170420_122419.jpg
IMG_20170420_122303.jpg
IMG_20170420_122026.jpg

FWIW, I put the blade in the cap first, then press the bottom into the cap (upside down).

I've been using mine for the past 4 days, daily shave, and still haven't decided if it's great or not. At the lower settings (up to 2.5), it doesn't seem very efficient or more dangerous than a Tech. Definitely only SAS or DFS territory. Look at it in profile and you'll see a huge gap, but the blade angle puts the blade edge blow the safety bar. At '4' or '5', I get a much better shave, but you have to ride the cap since these settings put the blade edge outside of the bar-to-head plane. Going ATG with the settings this high is not as comfortable because of blade flex. I haven't had any nicks or weepers so far, but I did have a little 'burn' from over-working areas to try to get a close shave on '2'.

I'm going to continue experimenting with it to see if I can find a "sweet spot" that works for me, but so far I'm not finding it to be the Holy Grail of shaving...

Top Bottom