What's new

Futur clone Ming Shi 2000S

I'm still having trouble trying to figure out what the rectangular pusher is so
@Cristobal if you could give further examples of how to perform this upgrade
It would be greatly appreciated..

I took it apart but don't really understand what you mean by blade holder 180dg my
Question is is QShave and Ming Shi built
The same...
My Ming Shi never adjusted to 0.5 or 6 so
I would like to increase it's aggressiveness
But I'm just having trouble visualizing your
Instructions....

-Take off the top cap.

-At .5 setting the bridge should be flush with the base normally.

- Turn to a higher setting to create a gap

- Compress the bridge and base by squeezing them together. Loosen the handle a few turns, no need to take off completely.

- If the bridge is clearing the walls of the channel, rotate it 180°. If not, loosen the handle a bit more until it does clear.

-Once you've rotated the bridge, compress the bridge and base and then tighten the handle.
- There should now be a small gap between the bottom of the bridge and the base.

Hope that helps.

Here are some diagrams:

Qshave aggressiveness.jpg

Hi folks ive got both the futur and the qshave i find the the qshave not quite as aggressive as the futur on the same settings.The qshave has a smaller blade gap than the futur on the same setting.
But i think for the price of a packet of smokes in the uk the qshave is a blooming bargain even if it only lasts a year .
Sammy.

Got the Ming Shi 2000s razor in today along with a 26mm synthetic brush.Will be testing it out within the next couple of days and see how it fairs against the Merkur Futur. Came with a pack of blades as you can see, and looks pretty well built.
IMG_0717.JPG

I tried the MingShi at a setting of 5 a couple of times, including this morning, since I last posted in this thread. The thing shave smoothly even at 5!

This razor is providing me with close, irritation-free shaves every single day. I'm starting to feel sorry for my other razors; they are being ignored.

-Take off the top cap.

-At .5 setting the bridge should be flush with the base normally.

- Turn to a higher setting to create a gap

- Compress the bridge and base by squeezing them together. Loosen the handle a few turns, no need to take off completely.

- If the bridge is clearing the walls of the channel, rotate it 180°. If not, loosen the handle a bit more until it does clear.

-Once you've rotated the bridge, compress the bridge and base and then tighten the handle.
- There should now be a small gap between the bottom of the bridge and the base.

Hope that helps.
Yes your post really does help..
Thank You so much..

Got to take this razor for it's first shave with the provided Ming Shi blades. Build quality is impressive, and it actually looks better than my Futur. The Ming Shi 2000s is a little ligther than the Merkur Futur and the handle is a bit narrower, but not by much. I loaded the blade and started my shave. It was a nice 3 pass shave with very little irritation ending in DFS. The Ming Shi blade is not as sharp as the blades that I use, but it shaved without pulling or tugging. One thing that is for certain is that the 2000s is not as aggressive as the Futur in the same settings. To me a 3 on the 2000s felt like a 1.5-2 on a Futur. Which might be a good thing for those that felt that the Futur was far to aggressive for them. I'm not a fan of the Ming Shi blade, so I will test it again on my next shave with one of my preferred blades, a Kai and see how that goes. So let's see, good build quality, 1/5 the cost of the Merkur Futur ($12 from Maggard) and a comfortable shave. Impressive start to be truthful.....

Went back to one of my other razors yesterday, but it was not satisfying. So, back to the MingShi this morning, set at 4. Wonderfully smooth, uncomplicated 2-pass shave, DFS.

Fantastically smooth and efficient razor aren't they. Wait until you have a couple days growth, it doesn't clog up between the blade and safety bar like most full bar razors, Just like the Futur, it will mow down the growth, and yet easily rinse clean without have to vigorously swish around in the sink to clear it for the next swipe. These things clear or rinse better than my open comb does, and shaves much smoother. The Schone or Pearl may get closer on the first pass, but the QShave/MingShi is so much smoother to use, and likes just about any blade you toss into it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Had left this one out of rotation for a month; picked it up again.

Struggle to get under-nose with it! Top cap is just so thick (compared with Piccolo, OLD and RR slant).

Wonder what trick I was using a month ago ... probably holding nose up with other hand. :arf: Shave's fine of course.

AA

Had left this one out of rotation for a month; picked it up again.

Struggle to get under-nose with it! Top cap is just so thick (compared with Piccolo, OLD and RR slant).

Wonder what trick I was using a month ago ... probably holding nose up with other hand. :arf: Shave's fine of course.

AA
I've been shaving with it almost every day since I got it, and this morning I finally got it completely clean under the nose. I move the nose out of the way and then try to get the blade in there at a perpendicular angle, moving downward and quickly adjusting the angle as I move it. Worked a charm this morning.

I gifted a friend a razor and started him on the journey. We were talking razor one day and I showed him a Ming shi 2000s on the wish sight. He ended up ordering it and gifting it to me. $9.40 with shipping. I exclusively used a '70 SA, until the Ming shi entered my life. I now cheat on my black beauty. I have had the Ming shi for about a month, and really wanted to hate it. However my mistress has been providing some sinfully delicious DFS and BBS. Although I will never leave my true love and I am not sure Ming shi will have the same longevity, I will continue my guilty pleasure. I have yet to go all the way and give her a gillette spoiler, but she performs decadently with an Astra. If you're on the fence, I say futur clone is a very nice razor, and will provide many smooth encounters.

I went back to some of my other razors for about a week, but called on the MingShi again this morning. I even loaded it with one of the MingShi blades it came with! (I'm pretty much a blade purist; I only use Polsilver SIs. It was kind of scary trying the MingShi blade, to be honest.)

Lathered up some Obsessive Soap Perfectionist with a synthetic brush and went at it. Surprisingly good shave! The blade tugged a bit more than the Polsilver (what blade doesn't?) but in the end I had a smooth, close, and comfortable DFS.

Still in the honeymoon phase with this razor, I guess.

One of the 2 I ordered finally arrived after a painful 40 day wait. Very good weight & build quality; the only flaw on mine is a slight uneven gap where the head and the handle parts meet and adjust. Immediately took her for a spin and on setting 3 with a 1 pass and a few touch ups gave me a DFS that would require 2-3 pass using my Black Beauty, nose area was a pain but expected that from reading past comments. Its a keeper for sure and the sound it makes cutting whiskers is like nothing else I've ever heard.

Was going to buy a Q Shave to compare to the Ming Shi I received earlier in the week and noticed they no longer offer free shipping to Canada and want over $6 to ship, bummer.

After almost 2 moths of great shaves with the MS2000s, with the configuration on 3, yesterday tried with 6... Result... Blood... Ehehehe... It was nothing serious but had to stop the shaving. This razor is great it ranges between great shavings until carnage.
Today I back to previous configuration... result... great BBS!

Top Bottom