What's new

Futur Clone Ming Shi 2000s: A Review: Buy this bargain now before the price rises!

Yes I agree with you about MS2000.
I have found that if I do the first pass at 1 and then a follow up at 4.5/5 setting I come out with a more harmonious outcome. So far doing it this way gives me a BBS. I still have to be careful when the setting is on a higher number so that I don't accidentally nick myself though. I choose this method because it's quicker than doing another pass at 3. If I don't get lazy 1-3-5 would be the easiest way to a BBS. Still I like the 1 then 4.5/5 routine.

@captnronfl

Setting1-3-5 only work for my daily shave, as @mikelz777 said, its like pushing the lather around without cutting at set1, so smooth yet whiskers are all gone. But it won't work for 3days job at set1, only half cut. Usually need three passes at set4 to get BBS.

Now im changing to 4-6 for every 3days lazy shave, its more effective for me. Futur progressive design gives such marvellous flexibility. But i dislike changing setting in midst of shaving because of slippery handle risk getting my fingers badly cut. It get tight after few days of not using. May be i have to turn abit to loosen it before start shaving.

Since you owned a Merkur Progress, how is MS compare to it? Progress look very solid, with smaller blade gap though. One Amazon user asked what if it drops will it broken like EJ89, someone replied it will break the toilet tile instead. LOL.

The Merkur Progress XL that I have gives the same shave as the MS2000.
I like the way the MS2000 feels in the hand.
I guess it comes down to how they feel in your hand.
I was able to try out a Parker Variant that I like better than the Progress but not as much as MS2000 IMHO.

@captnronfl
Thks for sharing on Progress XL, it was my 1st choice of variable razor after reading many good reviews. So I give MS2000 a try first to see how variable razor work for me. But MS really surprise me with its quality and performance. If as you said, MS delivers similar shave like ProgressXL, then i won't need to get a progress anymore unless MS start showing quality issue.

Parker Variant look like a perfect new hybrid of progress solid head with futur big drain holes, and a mergress knob. But some reviews said it still has finishing and quality issues. At small price different, i would rather go for proven quality Merkur progress, or better a genuine futur until Parker has perfect it's new Variant.

The new Parker is fine and seems to be without any problems.
Look at the heads. It is identical to the MS2000.
Like I said before. These three razors give identical shaves.
The only difference is in how they feel in the hand.
There are a few comparisons between the Merkur Futur and this clone.
In the end the clone wins out IMHO.

Merkur Progress has many great reviews that make me really wanted to own one as my lifetime razor, even with its plastic knob and high price. I try to read abit on Parker Variant, it seems to be a clone of Progress+futur with improvement like knurled handle and chromosome knob + long handle, likely the best available variant classic razor imho(if really no quality issues).

Yet a cheap $7 Merkur futur clone MS2000 could give you a better feel and equivalent shave compared to these top rated $50~70 razors. That is real impressive. So I will stay contented with it, may be getting a spare.

Base on your input, I can now safely decide on MS2000 as best razor gift for my friends. Fyi, I have found the factory price at $3.50/above 10pcs, $3/above 100pcs (excl shipping) in Alibaba.com for China wholesale. Not much different from Aliexp retail price.
ParkerVariant VS Merkur Progress.jpeg

Posted this in the razors section. Thought Id check within this thread too.
Wondering if anyone has this specific razor? Saw it a couple of weeks ago, and it's even cooler looking then the chrome.
AliExpress has a big sale day on Saturday, so this will go for less then usual price. Have seen posts here that some clones have problem with blade alingment. I have a chrome Ming Shi 2000S, and have had no problems with it.
Thinking about getting one for myself, and maybe a couple as Christmas presents. For QShave owners tell me your experiences their products.
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Can you post the link for the razor at AliExpress?
I looked and what I found was that the two I found were at least double the cost of the satin ones.

Can you post the link for the razor at AliExpress?
I looked and what I found was that the two I found were at least double the cost of the satin ones.
Go into the QShave store. It's the only one that has it. Or look up double edge razors and filter by orders.

Yes that's where I found it but not willing to pay $19 us for it and the base when for less than $10 you can get it in satin.
The other black one was $25 us.

Yes that's where I found it but not willing to pay $19 us for it and the base when for less than $10 you can get it in satin.
The other black one was $25 us.
Have to use the app to get the lower prices. Right now on QShave through the App, razor & 10 blades are $12.99. Will be cheaper with the sale Saturday.

I see the MS2000 with one seller but I see more sellers with the Qshave Adjustable in Ali. Be careful you don't buy a non-adjustable Qshave (which is a Weishi).
What I like most about the Qshave is it forced me to shave on a certain angle, which I called the sweet spot. When I returned to one of my vintage Gillettes, that angle (muscle memory) had me shaving better! Who knew.
I also like how I don't have to "click in" to a certain adjustable number. I can set it to anything I want, and I'm currently enjoying a 2.75 setting.

I noticed there is now a black version of this razor which I have to say is my favorite after going through many authentics over the years. You can find it here:Qshave Cool Black Luxurious Adjustable Safety Razor Double Edge Classic Safety Razor Men Shaving Mild to Aggressive-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Anyone have experience with this black version?
Getting one as soon as QShave puts out another coupon for it. Looks great, but not for $13.

I feel ya, I actually need to get another one and I noticed the price for all of them went up compared to what they were before. Is $7.00 a good price for a standard qshave/future clone razor at the moment?

I feel ya, I actually need to get another one and I noticed the price for all of them went up compared to what they were before. Is $7.00 a good price for a standard qshave/future clone razor at the moment?
Look up the Yintal store on AliExpress using their app. They have the Ming Shi 2000S for $6.40 in chrome. Only one that has the black one that I've seen is QShave, but it's double the price.

Look up the Yintal store on AliExpress using their app. They have the Ming Shi 2000S for $6.40 in chrome. Only one that has the black one that I've seen is QShave, but it's double the price.

Did you ever end up getting the black Futur Clone?
Unfortunately the prices have risen quite a bit on all of them.

Last edited:
Did you ever end up getting the black Futur Clone?
Unfortunately the prices have risen quite a bit on all of them.
Not only didn't I get it, but I closed my account with AliExpress. Had a problem with a couple of vendors who I bought from & never received the items. AliExpress was a pain about getting a refund. Finally got my money back, so to hell with them.
You can get the Ming Shi 2000S on eBay for $7 or less.

Top Bottom