What's new

FURBO Vintage BLU vs. FLOID Blue

I have only one half empty bottle of Floid Blue left, so I took Marco's advice and got a nice glass bottle of Furbo Blu ,which he says is the closest match..Marco is right of course, for my nose it's a close match, but Marco's old bottle of Floid Blue may match closer...WHY?...Because my old bottle is Floid Blue from Colomer of Spain, ingredients unlisted ,
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG
and we know for sure the Spanish version was not an exact clone of the Italian version...The Furbo has menthol, but it's the scent that differs. The Furbo has more "spice" , more "heat" and a very light top note of citrus. The old Spanish Floid has more powder, more "dark night " and for my schnozz , more "sophistication"....I like the Vintage Furbo, and it is a long lasting , pleasant splash for me, right in the old ballpark of the classic Floid...

I have both the Spanish Floid Blue and the Furbo Vintage Blu. Out of the bottle they both smell identical to me. The after face effect is that Floid has a leathery, crisp clean scent. The Furbo blu on the other hand is so overpowered with menthol, that it’s all I can smell once applied. Sadly, it sits in my den untouched because of this reason.

I have both the Spanish Floid Blue and the Furbo Vintage Blu. Out of the bottle they both smell identical to me. The after face effect is that Floid has a leathery, crisp clean scent. The Furbo blu on the other hand is so overpowered with menthol, that it’s all I can smell once applied. Sadly, it sits in my den untouched because of this reason.
I can " feel " the menthol in Furbo , but the menthol scent is very weak for me..The synthetic aromas used in Furbo are extremely strong... If you didn't bathe for 3 days I bet that scent would still be there , it's really potent stuff...

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Thanks for posting. I missed out on Floid Blue and am considering ordering a bottle of Furbo for the summer. If @Marco says its the best alternative, that's good enough for me. As to the scent, how strong is strong? Are we talking Pinaud Clubman levels? Or just stronger than the original Floid Blue? Your description of "spice", "heat", and "citrus top notes" sounds pretty good to me.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks for posting. I missed out on Floid Blue and am considering ordering a bottle of Furbo for the summer. If @Marco says its the best alternative, that's good enough for me. As to the scent, how strong is strong? Are we talking Pinaud Clubman levels? Or just stronger than the original Floid Blue? Your description of "spice", "heat", and "citrus top notes" sounds pretty good to me.

Furbo's Vintage Blu scent has a LOT of longevity. When I apply it I never use any another fragrance. The glass bottle is mislabelled, it should be "aftershave cologne" IMHO.

Let's go to war over with whomever is not letting Floid blue to come out. We need to get together with our colleague overseas and all over the world about this issue. Those wet shavers who has political or business power, please step in to bring this great product to the world.

Let's go to war over with whomever is not letting Floid blue to come out. We need to get together with our colleague overseas and all over the world about this issue. Those wet shavers who has political or business power, please step in to bring this great product to the world.
Way too many classics have been watered down or discontinued......

Top Bottom