What's new

Funny SCAD story

So I'm in the car with my wife today. And I mentioned that when we drive to Wisconsin in October we'll be going right past Mama Bear's gift shop and I would like to stop and pick up some shaving soaps.

There was a long pause and she said, "I'm confused, don't you like the shaving soap you have?"

I started laughing and everytime I tried to explain SCAD to her, I would start laughing again.

My SCAD is in the early stages. (But it progressing nicely, I'm planning shaving stops 3 months in advance.) The funny thing is I don't think I had it until I started reading B&B - apparently it's contagious.

birchhook said:
So I'm in the car with my wife today. And I mentioned that when we drive to Wisconsin in October we'll be going right past Mama Bear's gift shop and I would like to stop and pick up some shaving soaps.

There was a long pause and she said, "I'm confused, don't you like the shaving soap you have?"

I started laughing and everytime I tried to explain SCAD to her, I would start laughing again.

My SCAD is in the early stages. (But it progressing nicely, I'm planning shaving stops 3 months in advance.) The funny thing is I don't think I had it until I started reading B&B - apparently it's contagious.
Yes the B&B is extremely DANGEROUS!!!!!! but aint it fun.......
Cheers, DJ.

birchhook said:

It's a virus that spreads through computers...

Randy

of course its contagious- first we hear about a shaving method we will actually enjoy,

next, we start to learn how to 'perfect' our technique,

then, we are exposed to the opinions of those we have learned to trust,

and finally, others start chiming in on the great results they received from using ' this soap, cream, brush, etc'.

all of this appeals to the male egos urge to acquire 'stuff', handle well made tools, and engage in an activity that makes them feel superior to other men( using cold steel on our face first thing in the morning qualifies-or as some do, shave in the shower)

its not crack, but it excites the same area of the brain and is a much more wholesome( and beneficial) addiction.

I guess working with substance abusers for the last 20 years has helped me to "see" some things clearly( I hope!) :wink:

Marty

birchhook said:

Man, I would've love to have been there and seen this conversation. The look on her face must have been great. :lol:

Top Bottom