What's new

Funny, Quirky & Unusual Beard Stories

I've read a lot of threads about beards, but I think/hope I'm the 1st one to start a thread on funny, quirky or unusual beard stories.
Have you got any unusual beard stories about you, a friend or member of your family - the funnier, more unusual or quirkier the better !!

I'll start the ball rolling...

When I was a kid, my Dad told me that during WWII, my Great Grandad grew a beard as part of the war effort because the way he saw it, the British troops needed the razor blades more than he did !!

When he was about 86, my Grandad bought some Wilkinson Sword Protector disposables, within a few weeks, when we visited him one Sunday, he had a week's growth of beard and gave me the pack of Wilkinson Sword Protector disposables 'for when I started shaving'. I later overheard him saying to Dad "Whoever invented those things should be made to shave with them 3 times a day"
When we got home later, I sorted out the disposables, 3 of them were brand new, the one he had been using and given up on had about 3 week's worth of bristles and gunk in it !!
I learned to shave with the brand new ones !!

When I was a kid, my Dad told me that when he was stationed in Egypt in the RAF in the 1950s, they had a water shortage due to the supply trucks being ambushed by local civilians. As a result all RAF personnel were instructed that water was for drinking only, and anybody caught using water for shaving would be on a charge.
Everybody was forced to grow a beard, which Dad hated, possibly why he proved to be the exception to the rule of never volunteering for anything - he volunteered to ride shotgun on the supply trucks !!
For as long as I can remember he's always shaved every morning, (he used to let me practice with an old razor with no blade). Even after a long delay on the flight back from a holiday to Mallorca, when we landed at Gatwick Airport he bought a disposable razor and shaved in the men's toilets before we took the helicopter transfer to Heathrow to get on the coach to go home - he hates going without shaving so much !!
He's 84 now, and I can only ever remember him missing his morning shave in extreme circumstances on 2 other occasions when he had to go into hospital - to this day he shaves every morning as regular as clockwork.

Top Bottom