What's new

funny public comments/wet shaving:)

Wife and i do several arts and crafts shows each yr,she sells all sorts of handmade jewelry, beads, flower stuff etc.
I tag along, bring wood working projects,Clocks I restore, all sorts of wierd show and tell stuff, just have fun taking up the people.
This weekend she talked me into bringing some of my shaving crap(her words).
The comments from the general show patrons was hilarious,Older men (60/70 ish) I remember having to use that stuff, God I am glad those days are over.
older women,I remember daddy using that stuff.
Guys,40/50 ish, geez, seems like alot of trouble just to shave,have no time to be doing all that.
Guys,20/35ish,Big interest, sold some brushes, 4 or 5, DE razors, gave alot of blades away, gave a few user DEs away, show them the BB site on the laptop.
Young kids, they love badger brushes, mommy I want one, pleeze, they are so cute and cuddly,I tell mommy they are better than a real live cat or dog, and they don't eat much, never needs shots or have vet bills.Mommy just rolls her eyes and says no thanks.
Will do it again, great way to waste a rainy sunday.
proxy.php

Guys,20/35ish,Big interest, sold some brushes, 4 or 5, DE razors, gave alot of blades away, gave a few user DEs away, show them the BB site on the laptop.

This is a good sign, and I think fits in well with my experience and the demographic I perceive at B&B. :thumbup1:

Nice collection :) What are those brushes in the lower right corner with the extremely white / black hairs?

Will do chris, the small brushes are ladys kabuki makeup brushes, the knots come in red and black sable, the white/black are synthetic for tree hugger ladys:)
I make the handles, set the knots, are great sellers.

Just out of curiosity, which knot is that with the stark white bristle with black tips? I really like the looks of those brushes!

Really neat seeing the whole tusk there too!

Ooops, got beat to asking!

Last edited:
Will do chris, the small brushes are ladys kabuki makeup brushes, the knots come in red and black sable, the white/black are synthetic for tree hugger ladys:)
I make the handles, set the knots, are great sellers.

Interesting, the lil lady actually mentioned kabuki brushes after I showed her my badger brush collection, we even delved into the possibility of using those brushes with shaving - 5 minutes of google searching later and we quickly found out that was a pretty bad idea :laugh:

Nice brushes.

In my neck of the woods people over 60 - such as me - seem to have a renewed interest in wet shaving.

Top Bottom