What's new

Fun with phone scammers

For the past two days I've been having a good round of fun with a scammer from India. At least, I think he is Indian. He's doing his best to imitate an American accent but I heard his handler in the background a couple of times. Right now he's waiting on me to go to the Post Office to get a money order to pay the registration fee for my winnings. After I got the address I contacted the the local police so that they can get in contact with the authorities where the money order is supposed to go.

I've kept it on speaker phone and my wife has been dying of laughter. I even got him going twice with bad jokes. I "won" the second place prize. The "winner" of first place is in GA. I started heavily putting down the people in GA with many references to the movie Deliverance, hillbilllys, etc. and he actually came to their defense. The address for the money order is in north GA, so I guess he was a little insulted himself. I even got him to go on an antigovernmental rant and how he has a "Glock 40" and no one is "gonna roll up on me."

What makes the whole situation so bad is how he keeps playing the good little Christian role and how everyone should follow the golden rule and how so many people in the world today are "corrupted"---his words. He's currently praying for me and keeps asking if I've eaten and taken my medicine. He's such a diligent and caring little scum bag. We're good friends at the moment, but I guess he'll eventually grow tired and curse me out just like Chris from Publisher's Clearing House did.

Anyone else have any good stories?

I had one that needed certain bank info of mine to make the money transfer. I played along and kept giving him wrong numbers. For a while, he kept calling me saying he couldn’t make the transfer and I apologized and continued the game. This surprisingly went on for a while till he called me certain names I can’t repeat.

We're on day three. So far I made him listen to my war stories about my time in Korea. I had a good tale about how I earned my silver star. I had him get his assistant Alex on the phone and made him say a prayer LOL. Then he had to console me when I started crying because he mentioned walking my dog to get the money order which got me to thinking about my poor dog I had put down two years ago. Every bit of their time I waste is time they're not scamming a victim.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I remember I had a scammer phone me about my credit card was charged with highly suspicious buying. So I asked the fellow (Hillbilly slow voice)what my Credit card # was and he said he had to get another person who had that information and that was the con artist scammer I wanted to talk to. So I asked what the problem was and he needed additional information to confirm I was the right person before he released that information, he wanted my address and access code before going any further. So I had to let him know how bad he was scamming older folks and swore and called him a low life! His response "YOU CAN NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT" after he was trying to rob me or the credit company of money. I just slammed the phone down and left him thinking he did not Buffalo this old timer.
I think you have to be careful now with A.I = artificial intelligence that can mimic your voice by just taping a small segment of your voice to swindle money from innocent folks you might know it is getting that bad! These con artists are very clever and must be ignored as much as possible. Police, Central intelligence, FBI, RCMP seem to have a hard time catching moving targets over phone lines thousands of miles away.

Definitely "Jhamtara". That's a dusty place in the Indian state of Bihar where there is a whole industry of scammers out to get Dollars.

Why we even made a netflix series with the same name "jhamtara"

While this guy is a clown, there is also a sinister organized tech savy gang who employ extreme social engineering and hacking skills to get you to loosen your money strings !

Enjoy while it lasts. Just don't divulge any information which sticks to you

While it seems like a huge waste of time to watch, I have watched this youtuber a few times:
I recall a few where he posed as an elderly woman named Martha who was having trouble navigating her Windows computer as he was fake sending the scammers the numbers/pin codes off some giftcards. He seemed to enjoy wasting the scammer's time getting them angry in return. Where he would scamming the scammers.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you are not in my contacts I let it go to VM 99% of the time. The 1% that I pick up are from my local area code, and so far have been the dealership where I bought my car, county clerks office, and doctor office. Anything else, leave a VM. No VM = I block your number.

Not only do I hate talking on the phone, I will absolutely not waste my time talking to spam or scam, even for a laugh.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I just ask them for their authentication code over and over. It’s all I say “what’s your authentication code? How did you get this number” over and over, and talk over them when they try to speak, it really gets them going. Occasionally I’ll throw in a “stay where you are the retrieval team is on its way.” Then I hang up.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I just ask them for their authentication code over and over. It’s all I say “what’s your authentication code? How did you get this number” over and over, and talk over them when they try to speak, it really gets them going. Occasionally I’ll throw in a “stay where you are the retrieval team is on its way.” Then I hang up.

Alright, now I gotta admit…I kinda do wanna mess with them. I just watched Night Agent on Netflix. That first time she calls the night agent would be a great monologue to use.

Yes go ahead
Code please
Is this Sidewinder or Gazelle?
What street did your best friend Elaine live on?
I need to keep this line open, you’ve reached a wrong number.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My original phone number used to get wrong number calls all the time, almost 50% of the calls, so I would record long, silly messages for them to hear before, surprisingly the wrong number callers would often still leave me a message for that person, not me.
Some callers would routinely call back just to hear the recent ridiculous messages I would record.

Then one summer I started getting 5-6 calls a day for a Billiard repair business I will call SD Billiards(Actually the real name of the company). Nope, this is not a business, it's a personal number, I would tell them. After about a month the calls would die down, then start again the next summer.

After a three or four years of these calls, I looked up SD Billiards (real name of the company so as not to protect the guilty) in the local phone book, and the number listed wasn't even close to mine, so I called them up to find out what was up.
All I got was the answering machine for two weeks straight, so I would leave a message explaining the calls, but the guy never would call me back.
Finally the guy answered after over a months worth of calls, and said it must be his old number with another phone company. I might add this was way before cell phones came out. I had Pac Bell, and his claim was the old number was with General Telephone, and he would take care of the problem.

Yeah, right, I had had this number over 20 years at the time, and General Telephone had my correct number, and his current number listed.

So when the calls came back a year later, I started making appointments for the guy. Told them my name was Sundown (his real name), just like he had listed on his webpage. I'll be there next Thursday at 4:00pm I would tell them. Give them a quote on the price too. I made about a dozen appointments for the guy, took their addresses and phone numbers, but never actually wrote anything down.

That was the last summer I got calls for SD Billiards.:letterk1:

Take that Sundown!

~doug~

I broke up with my scammer today. I was just a few minutes away from hitting 4 hours of his time wasted over 9 days. He had to listen to me drone on about my prostate problems amongst many other things. I think he might have actually enjoyed some of my more interesting ramblings. He's an electric shaver by the way. I finally got bored with him and blocked his number.

Well if the scammer call I ask who do you want to talk to Sr. or Jr. Most say Sr., I reply he is in Europe try again in a years, he is on honeymoon.

The other thing I say is I do not have time to talk to you I just triggered home alarm, as I am burglar, and need to go before cops arrive.

Top Bottom