What's new

Fun with film.

This is a rather boring image I found when I developed an ancient roll of film the other day. The original plan was to test a Pen FT I'd gotten, but the film failed to advance past the first couple frames (going to have to clean the winding clutch and remove the nasty grease in there, I got the rewind button cleaned up already). Didn't know how far it had gotten, so I developed it anyway. Turns out I'd partially exposed it in another camera (probably one of my Olympus ones, although it might have been a Nikkormat too, I got one about that time) and the latent images are probably 20 years or so old.

It's a roll of Orwo 100 I bought when in graduate school, probably 30 years ago and it has not been refrigerated most of that time. Very high base fog, of course, and took forever to scan. It's also dirty, need to get new Photo Flo and make some clean rinse with distilled water, but with a little adustment in Photoshop, mostly curves to restore the toe and shoulder it's not too bad I don't think.
tractor2.jpg

Developer was Ilford Microphen undiluted, 5.5 min.

It was good film when it was new, and dirt cheap. More reciprocity failure at low light than Western films, but lovely tonality, probably due to a high silver content.

East German film, from before when the Berlin Wall came down.

Top Bottom